5-1 Beginning of the End

"...wa... ...ke...up... ...wake up..."

"...Huh?" Makoto slowly dragged his eye lids open, barely conscious "Kyoko...?"

"Yes, it's me." Kyoko spoke, standing over him

"Huh...? Kyoko?"

"I said yes..."

"So Kyoko's here... Wait, what!?" Makoto was suddenly fully awake, as he jumped out of bed "Wh-What are you doing here!?"

"I'm here to wake you up."

"Oh, I see... Wait, but my door-!"

"You're door was unlocked" Quill spoke, leaning on the wall by the door "I was ready to lockpick but I didn't need to. A little disappointing, honestly"

"It was unlocked!? Are you serious!?"

"Yes, get over it. We don't have time for overreaction"

"Wh-What time is it...?"

"3 o'clock. In the morning, of course." Kyoko answered

"I-It's so late... What happened...?"

"I have a favor I need to ask..."

"What's your favor...?"

"Remember what Sakura said at the end of her note? I'm not going to just lay down and die. I will fight you... I want to find out what she meant by that."

"Okay, but...how do you plan to do that?"

Kyoko stepped closer and whispered in his ear "The data center on the 4th floor."

"...What?"

"We'll meet you there." Kyoko and Quill left quickly

"What the...?"

********************************

Eventually Makoto made his way up to the data center, but "They're...not here. That's weird. She said they'd meet me. Are they maybe inside already...?" he tried to open the door, but *Rattle rattle* it wouldn't open. He tried again *Rattle rattle* but it still wouldn't open "It must be locked."

"Oh-ho! What are you doing up, mister!?" Monokuma suddenly appeared beside him

"Gah!"

"Breaking into a locked room is incredibly prohibited, don'tcha know?"

"Oh, well, I just..."

"You're trying to tell me you didn't actually bust in yet, right? But..." Monokuma bared his fangs "...I can see that, ya dolt! Don't waste my time telling me crap I can see for myself! It looked like you might break in any second, so I just thought I'd give you a friendly reminder. Or...are you gonna try and tell me you were sleepwalking or something...?"

"N-No, nothing like that..."

"It's 3 o'clock in the morning, for cryin' out loud! Even I get tired, ya know!? Stop being weird and go back to bed!"

"...What's wrong now?" Kyoko walked towards them, Quill close behind "Why are you out here making a racket?"

"Ngggrrrhhh! Now you two!? Whatever! The three of you, just get back to bed! I'm positively exhausted from the class trial!"

"Whatever" Quill sighed "Let's go"

"What...?" Makoto asked

"We're leaving, move your feet"

"I have no idea what's going on anymore..."

"Don't worry about it. Let's just go." Kyoko told him

"O-Okay..."