New Beginnings

Blackscythe

The long-awaited day of the tournament had finally arrived, and my excitement surged within me. As the sun emerged, casting its sapphire rays across the sky, I awoke to the sound of a monkeybird's call. Glancing at my clock, I realized it was already six o'clock. I had five hours before registration began, and the countdown had begun.

Eager to seize the day, I hurried downstairs to find my parents. My mother was getting ready for her last day at work, while my father prepared for a day in the fields. Before leaving, my mother reminded me, "Hey Kyron, don't forget our flight leaves at seven. Make sure you pack your belongings and be ready to go, all right?" I assured her that I would take care of it immediately. Then, my father reminded me not to neglect my responsibilities, urging me to perform my chores. With a nod, I acknowledged his instructions, and after bidding my mother farewell, I set to work.

Once I had completed my tasks—cleaning the deer stables, collecting eggs from the leafbirds, milking the earth cows, and tending to the sheepbears—I knew it was time to head to the town. I carefully packed the battle suit my aunt had crafted for me into my backpack and mounted my trusty hoverboard. Speeding toward the town, I marveled at the immense crowd that had gathered. People from neighboring islands had flocked to witness this grand event unfold before their eyes.

Arriving at a nearby alley, I dismounted from my hoverboard and quickly changed into my battle suit. Its vibrant green and black colors, accompanied by a glossy sheen, exuded an air of power and resilience. Equipped with reinforced armor, plasma shields, and a plasma sword, it was the perfect attire for combat. Donning my hood, I joined the registration line with a sense of determination.

As I handed over my card to be logged in, I received the number 939 and was directed to the designated area. Passing through the pathway, I beheld the awe-inspiring sight of thousands of spectators filling the stands. At the front, the esteemed elders sat, surrounded by their vigilant guards. The atmosphere was electrifying, and my heart raced with anticipation. This was it—I had finally arrived, ready to prove my worth and claim victory.

Glancing around, I caught sight of formidable contenders. One individual stood out, dressed in sleek black attire, emanating an aura of strength. A girl possessed an unusual, powerful energy I had never witnessed before. Just as I turned, I locked eyes with none other than Ken and Lyle. Lyle's voice rang out, filled with concern and disbelief, "Kyron, you fool! What are you doing here?" Ken, interjecting, proclaimed, "You were foolish enough to come, Kyron. This is payback for my father, and your lack of power won't save you. Your existence ends here."

Silence enveloped us, and I felt a deep inner turmoil rising within me. It was as if a primal force stirred, ready to unleash its fury. Suddenly, the announcer's voice resonated throughout the arena, bringing everyone's attention to the center stage. Elder Sia, a wise figure among the elders, rose from his seat, followed by the others, and they raised their hands to the sky. Together, they released balls of energy, which exploded into a magnificent display of radiant lights. Elder Sia addressed us, "Welcome, young Ordasians. Today, each of you will be given the opportunity to venture into the wondrous and blessed world of Gaia. You are the best on the islands of Barnust. Give it your all."

The announcer continued, expressing gratitude for Elder Sia's words. "Now, the first part of the tournament shall commence! You will engage in a battle royale until only 360 participants remain. The battle will begin when you hear the sound of the drum!" I awaited the signal with patience. My senses sharpened to detect any incoming attacks or opponents. Suddenly, the resounding "Bonk!" echoed through the arena, marking the start of the battle.

Instantly, the air filled with a frenzy of action as contestants clashed with one another. I heightened my senses, swiftly evading Ken's lunge as he called out my name. "Kyron!" I blurred away from his strike, offering a brief farewell, "Good luck," before disappearing from his sight, leaving him bewildered and disoriented.