•6.

-6/22/23——2:10 PM—Thurs——

                You and Sweet Pea rushed downstairs after Reggie and Ronnie, not caring that you weren't supposed to know what 'another call' meant. You could explain that to Veronica later. Entering the speakeasy, she sat down at a table and Reggie joined her. You and Sweet Pea stood next to their table. She explained the call. "It seemed like the same guy, with a voice changer. But he said something along the lines of 'if you don't figure out my clue, something really bad is gonna happen.' I'm not sure what it means." she said. Reggie looked a bit dumbfounded, like this was above his pay grade. "Maybe it has something to do with those numbers?" Ronnie added. "What were the numbers?" you asked. Veronica glanced up at you, and said "They were 6, 26, 23. Wait a minute.." You looked at Sweet Pea but he seemed lost. "What Veronica?" Reggie asked. "Maybe those numbers are a date?" Ronnie said. That made sense to you. "You could be right. Today is 6/22/23, maybe their clue is something else will happen on 6/26/23." you said. Sweet Pea looked uneasy. "That's only in four days though. We have to figure out what to do in four days?" he asked. You all looked around at each other. "Well, the weirdo said we have to figure out the clue right? We probably did that, so maybe now we just gotta wait for another call or something." Reggie said. This made Veronica frown, but Reggie was right. There wasn't much else you guys could do. "Hey, sorry to change the subject, but have either of you two seen Fangs?" you asked. Ronnie looked at you and said "I haven't personally, but Pop said that he came in pretty late last night. Maybe you should talk to him about it." This was a small lead, but better than nothing. "Thanks Ronnie, let me know if anything else weird happens." you said. Veronica wasn't your favorite, but you couldn't stand to see something happen to her or Pop's.

                You headed back upstairs, planning on talked to Pop, but to your surprise Fangs was up there already talking to him. "Fangs! Where have you been? Everyone's been worried about you." you shouted at him. He jumped a bit, looking uneasy but relieved to see you. "Y/N, I've been looking for you everywhere. I couldn't find you at your house last night and was worried something bad happened." he exclaimed. "Why would something bad have happened? And what was so urgent you went looking for me all over town Fangs?" you asked. He looked back and forth between you and Sweet Pea. "You might wanna step outside for this, it's some pretty tough shit." he replied.

                You and Sweet Pea followed him outside, to where he had parked his bike. He turned you you two, and took a deep breath. "So basically, J.P has had me on this job. Tryna find this Ghoulie boss guy that I've been workin under cover with. We're pretty tight, but he hasn't seen my actual face yet. Thing is, he's got so much shit on me, J.P wants someone else to cover the meeting, for the sake of my safety. If shit goes down, all the dirt he tries to lay on me means nothin cause it's the wrong guy. He asked me to try and recruit you for the job, if you're up for it." he explained. That was a lot. "Woah hold on, let me get this straight. So you've been going undercover for J.P to spy on the Ghoulies? And you haven't told any other Serpents about this?" you said. He nodded his head. "He didn't want others trying to get involved, blowing my cover n stuff. But now he wants backup, I guess. I can explain it more if you'll agree." he replied. You thought that you probably should've put more thought into it, but it was for your fellow Serpents. "Of course I'll do it, if J.P wants me to and it's for the Serpents." you said. Fangs smiled at that. "Yeah, that's the Y/N I know. Basically, you're gonna go into a hotel in the Five Seasons to meet the guy. We'll be staying in the connected room. If he comments on you not being the person he's spoken to before, you say that was a goon that worked for you, as a sort of test to him. You get him talking about his drug operation, the things he plans to do with the town. Make up whatever you want to try and get him to talk. Once he says the right shit, we'll get in there and.. diffuse the situation. We'll wait for your signal. The room will already have been chipped so don't worry about recording him." he said. The plan sounded pretty solid, to you at least. Fangs then looked back at Sweet Pea. "Since you've heard this whole thing, you can join the backup squad in the other hotel room if you want to Pea." he said. Sweet Pea nodded, looking content that he was included in the operation. "What day is this all going down?" he asked. "Tonight. That's why I was trying so hard to find you, Y/N." Fangs replied. Sweet Pea looked at you, a bit uneasy. You nodded to him in confirmation. You two were in.