Chapter 3 - Journeying Knights

Two parties of three had become a singular party after the prince of Ravenhill agreed to assist Arthur. They were now Arthur Pendragon and his knights. The six traveled together to try and find more support for the rightful king of Britain.

"Sister?" Terran asked, "If you had a sister, how come she didn't come see you pull Caliburn from the stone."

"We all have unique situations, dear boy." Merlin said, "Morgan is a mother and a noble lady."

"Best guess? She's the one running things in Orkney, and on top of that, she's got kids to raise." Valentine yawned, "Sounds like she has a useless husband."

"You shouldn't speak so lowly of nobles." Terran chided, "We aren't in Ravenhill anymore. These are strangers, and we are acting as Arthur's knights. It's best we make a good impression."

Val sighed, scratching at a spot just beneath his eyepatch.

Their current destination was Orkney, the home of Arthur's sister Morgan. Morgan was well known and well loved. Her support would be highly beneficial. Terran had also heard she was quite beautiful.

"You look like you're thinking about something interesting, fufu." Merlin was walking by his side, allowing Arthur to walk alone ahead of them.

"N-no. Nothing of interest." Terran replied, "I'm just worried about what will happen when we meet this Morgan."

"She'll support Arthur, don't worry." Merlin said, "They are siblings after all."

Terran hoped that was true. He himself had three siblings that he hoped were doing well without him. He was the youngest of four at age sixteen. His eldest brother Kaston, the heir to Ravenhill, was twenty-five. His second eldest brother, Harron, was twenty-three. And finally, his elder sister Krista was eighteen. She used to braid his hair. Of the four of them, Terran was the only one to inherit their mothers' features. Red hair and golden eyes.

Thinking of them almost made him feel a little lonely. But he was not alone. He had brought with him Valentine Lavorre and Halsted Perugias, his brothers by choice.

"I suppose I shouldn't be too worried then." Terran said, a small smile gracing his face.

Merlin smiled back at him. The succubus picked up her pace to walk with Arthur again.

"What'd I tell you about succubi? Don't get too close to her." Valentine warned.

"Val, I understand your mistrust. You of all people should know that she has no bad intentions for any of us." Terran told him, "I haven't forgotten about your right eye. Give her a chance. Give them all a chance."

Valentine huffed, crossing his arms.

"Fine." Valentine conceded, "But I'm not telling your family if something happens to you. I prefer my head on my shoulders rather than on a spike."

Terran and Val shared a quiet laugh.

"My father wouldn't do that." Terran told him, "My mother, on the other hand..."

They laughed again.

-------

They had set up camp for the night. Merlin observed the small encampment. They were nestled half a hundred feet into a forest. Their tents were spread out with Arthur's in the center.

A fire was safely constructed, and Valentine currently sat by it cooking the rabbits that Terran and Arthur had hunted.

Terran sat with Halsted nearby, chatting about whatever came to mind.

Merlin had come to understand their new knights a little more.

Valentine Lavorre didn't trust them, but he listened to Terran Dean. He was mixed blood, descended from Fairies. She could tell his magic aptitude was incredibly high. She could also tell there was something special about his right eye.