Chapter 4 - Orkney

The city was gorgeous. The streets were lined with shops and vendors of all sorts. Some of them sold fruits and food and others shiny jewelry or other trinkets. They passed by a few well maintained inns as well.

The people who wandered from place to place seemed happy. Most of them seemed well dressed and well fed. The mood in this city was good. Morgan seemed to rule well.

"You look a little more lively now." Merlin teased Terran, "You're holding your head a little higher."

"I don't think I'm any different from any other day." He ignored the obvious teasing and made it a point to frown.

"Nope! You were definitely smiling a minute ago."

"Whatever you say."

He had gotten more used to the mage's ways, and they were often bantering like this. He had grown to like her company despite Valentine's warnings. Terran believed she was good-natured.

When they arrived at the castle, they were greeted by a servant who guided them through the halls. Eventually, they stopped in a room decorated with furniture and tables. It seemed to be a waiting room.

"Lady Morgan is ready to receive you." Another servant, who was already present in the room when they arrived, told them. The young prince was surprised that nobody had made any mention of King Lot, Morgan's husband. Instead, they had been taken directly to Arthur's sister.

"Very well." Arthur said, "Merlin, Sir Terran, please accompany me."

This came as a suprise. Terran thought that he would ask Sir Kay, who had known Arthur far longer than he had. Though he could logically understand why the young king made this decision. Kay was more argumentative than he was. If Morgan said something Kay didn't like, he may make things worse.

The three were escorted into the next room, where a woman who was certainly related to Arthur. Much like her brother, she had long blond hair and emerald eyes. She was a beautiful woman who seemed to match up to the image of a dignified noble.

"Greetings, sister." Arthur spoke politely.

"I'm glad you've made it safely, little brother." She said, "I imagine there is much for us to discuss, but first, I must ask who your new companion is. He certainly isn't Ector's son."

He grew a little self-conscious as the attention turned to him. Nevertheless, he bowed his head in greeting.

"I am Terran, of the house of Dean." He introduced himself.

"The house of Dean? You're a long way from home, Prince Terran."

"I am." He said, "I traveled to Britain to see the sword in the stone. I found your brother as well."

"I'm glad you are assisting Arthur then." She smiled at him in thanks, only accentuating her beauty. For a moment, he thought that she possessed the innocence of a fairy. It almost made him blush.

"He has certainly proven to be capable." Arthur had complimented him, and he could feel his cheeks beginning to turn red. "He's an excellent hunter and a talented warrior. I'm glad he's become my companion."

Both siblings being so nice to him was certainly an experience. It was a little embarrassing, but it was nice to know he had been of service.

"How fortunate it must be for you to be in the presence of such great company Arthur." Morgan said, "I look forward to the great things he will accomplish under your command."

"I'm sure there will be much to look forward to." Arthur smiled.

It was the second time since they met that King Arthur had taken Terran Dean by suprise. Surely, the king was too beautiful. The two siblings had that in common.