Extra Chapter #3

Title: The Dragon Knight
Character: Halsted Perugias
Time: Just after chapter 12

The fairy called Fern had bid him farewell some time ago, promising that they would meet again in the near future. Halsted accompanied Lancelot back to camp, had given the inventory book to Arthur and Merlin, and gave the full report on the events that took place.

It was safe to say that the Dragon Knight was exhausted after fighting Anwol the Immortal. He wondered around camp, searching for a place to stop rest when he came upon a strange sight. Laying in the grass were several knights. Gawain, Percival, Lancelot, Terran, and Valentine were all spread across the ground in a relaxed manner.

"What are you all doing." Halsted questioned.

"Nothing at all." Terran laid with his hands behind his head, "I've been ordered to relax, and so I am doing so."

It was a pleasant suprise that Terran was out of bed, but it was strange to find him basking in the sun.

"Come lay down." Valentine suggested, "It's a good day to do so."

Halsted, led by his own desire to rest, took up the offer and layed down among his comrades. As he rested there, he felt the warmth of the sun on his skin. It was akin to a blanket that made him feel all the more exhausted.

"So, how was it." Valentine asked, "Was your mysterious mission a success."

The way Valentine had asked, told Perugias that the blond already knew.

"It was." He said.

"It must have been simple then." Val hummed.

"It wasn't."

The Dragon sighed, remembering the events that took place mere hours ago.

"A... man... showed up." Halsted said, "He called himself Anwol the Immortal."

This got everyone's attention, but it was Gawain who reacted the most to this name.

"The Immortal! I thought he was just a story told between soldiers." He said in suprise, "My mother had mentioned before, but I didn't take it seriously."

"He's real, I assure you." Halsted stretched out his body, "On top of that, someone like me was there too."

"Ulmonfi..." Valentine muttered, "Yeah, I've had the pleasure. Wasn't impressed."

Halsted huffed, unsurprised by his friends statement. It was difficult to impress Valentine, even if you were strong.

"Is this Ulmonfi stronger than you?" Percival asked.

"It's difficult to say. We only fought briefly."

If Halsted had not found a surge of power during his fight with Anwol, he would have had more trouble against his fellow dragon.

"All of that vile king's allies are disturbing." Valentine complained while waiving his hand in the air, "It's just a collection of psychos."

The knights all chuckled at Valentine's statement.

"Donavan Opore was the same way." Terran said, "He called himself a knight but ignored the oaths that come with it."

"Like 'obey the king'." Val chuckled.

"... Do you wanna fight?" Terran asked, "I'm sure the men would be glad to make bets. Gawain, get my sword from my tent."

"No thanks. I'd rather not fight when I can't win." Valentine quickly saved himself.

"Then don't pick that fight." Percival said.

"Oi, don't pick on me, Percy." Valentine said.

"Don't pick on others, Sir Valentine." Lancelot warned jokingly.

The conversation came easy to everyone. It was a strange mixture between serious and fooling around. To Halsted, it almost felt like they were back in Ravenhill. Things back then hadn't been so serious. They were just kids, after all.

He had missed times like this. Even though they were fighting a war, he was glad that things could still be relaxed. And he certainly needed it.

_______

The third extra chapter is here! Another short chapter that's really just mindless chatter.