Extra Chapter #2

Title: Magician of Stars I
Character: Valentine Lavorre
Time: Before chapter 6

"You really aren't curious?" Valentine asked, "I sure am."

It was definitely his fault. He put the idea into both of their heads. It was Halsted who saw it as a waste of time.

"Instigating rivalry between men can never end well." Halsted said.

In front of the two was a fierce duel. The two participants were, of course, Terran and Lancelot. Both men were covered in sweat, a product of fighting for several hours.

"One of them has to be the best." Valentine concluded, "I'm just proving that it's our Terran."

"So all this noise is your fault."

From behind the two, Sir Kay, Lady Morgan, and King Arthur were approaching.

"It might be." Valentine brushed off the accusation.

"It definitely is." Halsted confirmed.

"It totally is." Valentine admitted, "But it's also strategic, you know. It's entertainment for the soldiers."

The duel had attracted a lot of attention. From the citizens of Orkney to the soldiers of the kings army, many people had gathered around to see.

Even Morgan's children had come while being escorted by Sir Percival. Gawain and Agravain held the hands of Gareth and Gaheris. The siblings watched the clashing blades of Solis and Arondight. Sparks flew through the air every time they made contact.

"Just how long have they been at it?" Kay asked.

"Have they even had time to rest?" Morgan approached to stand next to Valentine, "You all did just get back from battle."

Val noticed how Morgan eyed Lancelot, the only knight she hadn't met yet, but she quickly changed her gaze to watch the knight with crimson hair. Said hair was long and wild. His eyes seemed to glow in excitement as he swung his sword.

"Tch."

Valentine clicked his tongue. She was a strange woman. A married woman, mind you. And Valentine didn't trust what he couldn't understand. The future was always unclear when she was involved, and she took too much interest in Terran.

"They're incredible." Young Gareth had spoken in a small voice, barely audible above the roar of the crowds.

The young girl stared in awe as the two knights dueled.

"Gawain, will Sir Terran lose?" Gaheris asked, looking a little worried.

"Worry not, little one." Valentine said, "Terran hasn't lost a duel since he was fourteen."

Yes, Terran Dean could beat anyone. Of that, Val was certain. He was certain Terran could even defeat any of Arthur's knights. Any one of them.

"And I've never seen anything frustrate you more." Perugias snickered behind his hand.

That was also true. When they were younger, Valentine had been better than Terran at many things. But the Rogue Prince had caught up to him. He was both very proud and very frustrated.

"Huh? I don't know what you're on about." Valentine vehemently denied the accusation while crossing his arms, "He and I are just good at different things, you know!"

"Isn't this enough?" Arthur asked, "Both of them are drenched in sweat. They need rest."

There goes Arthur spoiling the fun. Valentine really wanted to see Terran put that eggplant on his ass.

I mean, who just joins a side while they're already in the middle of battle! Val thought

And to learn the reason he came here was because he was originally jealous of Arthur. How foolish could a man be.

Lancelot was even raised by the lady of the lake. She even gave him the title 'knight of the lake' and declared him the most talented knight in the land.

By what right did some river dwelling woman have to say that Lancelot was the best? Valentine would never say that to her face, though.

The mage huffed in annoyance. Oh well, it could wait for another time. The crowd had dissipated when the soldiers who were closer to them heard what Arthur said.

Valentine watched as Terran and Lancelot both sat on the ground, panting for air. Arthur had made his way over to them and was seemingly scolding them. But Terran smiled at the king and laughed. Eventually, the king joined in as well.

"And here I thought..." He trailed off upon seeing the frown upon Lady Morgan's face.

"Tch."

He clicked his tongue. A strange woman indeed.

_______

Valentine is both the easiest and hardest character to write.

Hope you enjoyed!