Chapter 11 - The Strong

When Terran's eyes opened, he found himself staring at the ceiling of a large tent. He took a deep breath, relief washing through him when air entered his lungs and not water.

He groaned from the stiffness his body felt as he sat up. Thankfully, the stiffness didn't last long as his muscles seemed to recover quickly. He shifted his legs so his feet were on the ground. The first thing he noticed was a lack of clothes. He was naked. He took a moment to inspect his wound, but there was only a thin scar. It made it seem like the injury wasn't serious at all. He was amazed as he realized it must have been the work of magic. His body felt like it was in top condition, better even. He'd have to give his thanks to whoever helped him.

The sound of voices outside made him suddenly self-conscious. In a slight panick, he put on the clothes that were neatly folded by his bedside. Just some pants and a lightly colored tunic. He pulled on his boots after getting dressed but hesitated before he left the tent.

He turned around, directing his gaze at the small circular table that stood in the corner. Leaning against it was the ancestral sword of his family, its white blade hidden in its scabbard. It had appeared to him within that dream. When the darkness was too much to bear, its light had shined through the depths. Before he had realized, he had crossed the tent.

He reached out to take hold of his favored weapon.

"Don't you dare." Arthur's voice came from behind him.

"And why not? It belongs to me." Judging by his voice, Terran clearly needed to drink something after being ill and resting.

"That's some nerve from you. You acted without my command." Arthur said, "And it nearly killed you."

When Terran turned around, he saw the distraught look in Arthur's eyes. He thought about backing down, but he felt that he did the right thing in the moment.

"It was your life at stake. I took the appropriate actions to protect you." Terran said, "and now we're rid of the black knight."

"I didn't ask you to do that. You could have come back here. If you had told us his plan, then we would have been prepared."

"I sent Gawain, didn't I? I needed to act fast, or Vortigern's assassins would've reached you first."

"Did you not think of the consequences? What if you had died?" Arthur pointed out, "You're a prince."

"I'm a prince of somewhere very far away. You're the king of Britain." Terran countered, "Your life is far more important than mine."

Terran wondered if his gaze was too sharp or if he had spoken too harshly. Arthur didn't seem to like what was said, but Terran stood his ground.

"Not to me."

Terran did falter at the king's words.

"You're my knight, but more than that, you're one of the few I can call a friend." Arthur declared in a voice that was both commanding and strangly emotional, "I need you by my side."

It was difficult for him to respond to that. To hear Arthur say something as embarrassing and as sweet as that caught him off guard. If it wasn't for the king's gender, Terran might have blushed.

"But.. but even so. You must place more importance on your own life." Terran grabbed Solis and held it in front of him, "As long as I have this, I can survive. I've proven that time and time again, haven't I?"

"You... you're so... you're a frustrating person, aren't you." Arthur said.

"And yet you desperately intend to keep me around." The Rogue Prince grinned.