Chapter 3: All my Children

MIKAELSON MANSION

[Elijah is walking around the study and finds the burnt sage his mother used last night. Downstairs, Rebekah enters the living room, where Kol Klaus and Ash are. Klaus is on a couch sketching.]

Kol: Well, well, well, there's our girl!

[He stands before her and blocks her way.]

Rebekah: Get out of my way, Kol.

Kol: Out all night. What a scandal! I trust you did better than that commoner. Matt, was it?

Rebekah: If you don't shut your mouth, the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth.

Ash: Rebekah...

[Klaus grins.]

Rebekah: Don't start, Nik!

Klaus: I didn't say anything.

Kol: I'm bored. Our sister is a strumpet, but at least she's having fun. I need entertainment.

Klaus: What are you waiting for? Go on, have at it.

Kol: It's not fun to go alone. Join me, Nik! It's the least you can do after sticking a dagger in my heart.

Klaus: Okay. Why not? I didn't have nearly enough to drink last night, what with you trying to murder Rebekah's date.

Rebekah: Yes, please go, this house has enough men rolling around it in.

Kol: Just like you, Bekah.

[Rebekah throws her shoe at Kol.]

Kol: Come on Ash, I need you to be there in case Nik gets angry with me and daggers me.

[Ash gets up and walks out with Klaus and Kol]

Rebekah: Good riddance, both of you!

[Elijah enters the room, still holding the burnt sage.]

Elijah: Rebekah.

Rebekah: Not you too, Elijah.

Elijah: I'm worried about mother. Have you not noticed her strange behaviour?

Rebekah: She's been dead for a thousand years. What's strange for her?

Elijah: Burnt sage. [Elijah shows Rebekah the sage and she takes it from him.] She was doing a privacy spell.

Rebekah: You know she fancies such things. Why don't you ask Finn? He's been doting on her.

Elijah: I don't trust Finn. He hates what we are, he always has.

Rebekah: That's not true. And as for Mother, she returned for one reason, to make our family whole. She loves us. What trouble are you looking to find?

MYSTIC GRILL

[Alaric and Meredith are sitting at the bar.]

Alaric: Sorry about that.

Meredith: Does he still think I'm a serial killer?

Alaric: He's a little judgmental.

Meredith: Speaking of. Your x-rays were inconclusive. Your knife wound was already semi-healed. It's impossible to tell anything about whoever stabbed you. Short, tall. Left-handed, right-handed. No clue.

Alaric: Well, what about my head? Why can't I remember anything about the attack?

Meredith: Your CT scans were clear. Maybe you were compelled to forget.

Alaric: Wait...you think the killer's a...a vampire?

Meredith: There are no other suspects. It's the obvious conclusion.