Chapter 19: A View to a Kill

REBEKAH'S HOUSE

[Stefan wakes up with a sleeping Rebekah's arm around him. He slowly removes her arm and gets out of the bed. He quickly puts his clothes on with vampire speed, trying to sneak out. He puts on his jacket and opens the door to see Ash and Klaus.]

Klaus: Leaving so soon?

Ash: Ugh! This makes me nauseous.

[Rebekah angrily puts her robe on.]

Rebekah: This is my place, Nik, and I don't appreciate you invading my privacy like some kind of creeping Tom. [Smiles] Hello Ash, love to see you.

Klaus: Well, I apologise for breaking up this sordid little tryst, but I do have some urgent business. Or have you forgotten – our paranoid brother Kol is running around with the white oak stake and homicide on the brain?

Rebekah: He tried to kill me last night. I didn't forget.

Ash: Neither did we. Don't worry Rebekah he won't harm you again. I love Kol but no one hurt my Rebekah. Right Klaus? You'll protect Rebekah?

Klaus: Yes, well, unfortunately he seems to have absconded with my set of daggers.

Rebekah: Oh, poor Nik. How ever will you get your way without your precious daggers? They were so handy when you wanted to end a conversation with one of us!

[Ash laughs loudly and gets an irritated look from Klaus.]

Klaus: Kol's irrational fear of Silas has pushed him over the edge. We need to put him down before he does any more damage. Now, I know you have the last dagger, and I know you have some white ash, so hand it over.

Rebekah: Mhm, and leave myself unprotected? You can file that request under 'no chance in hell.' Be gone by the time I have showered. Lurkers aren't welcome here.

Ash: Wait-

[Rebekah leaves.]

Ash: -Rebekah! [Turns to Klaus] This is your fault.

Klaus: Prey tell love? How is this my fault?

Ash: If she trusted you she would have just given us the dagger. [Klaus sighs]

Klaus: [He turns to Stefan] I need that dagger, Stefan. Talk some sense into her.

Stefan: Why don't you talk some sense into her? I'm headed home to play prison guard to Damon. He's on lockdown ever since Kol compelled him to kill Jeremy last night.

Klaus: You see? That's my point exactly. If you let Kol roam free, then Jeremy won't live to see his junior prom, and we can kiss our map to the cure goodbye. But if you help me dagger Kol, Damon will be uncompelled, Jeremy will live, and we'll all be on our merry way to a human Elena.

[Stefan leaves]

Klaus: Last night? Weren't you and Kol with Damon last night? Don't tell you you had a part to play in Damon's compelling.

Ash: No. Of course not. I would never. Rude of you even to assume.

Klaus: Oh well, it doesn't matter now. How about we go visit Damon, hmm love?

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

[Damon is still in the cellar, looking weak. He hears footsteps and sees Stefan.]

Damon: You coming to snap my neck again? Because I woke up feeling completely un-murderous, and I'm pretty sure that it's safe to set me free.

[Stefan throws a vial of blood towards Damon.]