Chapter 6: The Murder of One

CITY

[Finn is walking down the street when Ash and Klaus approach him. They walk together.]

Ash: Hello Finn.

Finn: Hello Niklaus, Ash. I have nothing to say to you.

Klaus: Well, I'm not here to chat. I will ask you one time though, where's our mother?

Finn: Gone to find another way to end our terrible lives. And when she does, I will sacrifice myself all over again.

Ash: Well, how fortunate we found you, we require your assistance.

Finn: I have no wish to help you. Only to see you dead.

Klaus: Right, well, that's the thing; you see you won't be able to see me dead, because if I die, then you die. So, wish unfulfilled, I'm afraid.

Finn: Oh, bother someone else with your hollowed charms, Niklaus.

Klaus: Why? Why not bother my big brother? I need you to accompany me back to Mystic Falls, I have a witch there who can help undo Esther's spell that linked us together.

Finn: I have no wish to be unlinked.

[Klaus moves in front of Finn and places his hand on his chest to stop him from moving on.]

Ash: Look, Finn, let's rephrase this since you're not getting it. You will come back with me or we will put you back in that coffin you rotted in for 900 years.

Finn: [To Klaus] What happens to one, happens to all. You may not feel the effects of the dagger, but you'd lose your precious wife.

Ash: That's a sacrifice Im willing to make if it saves us from extinction.

[Finn walks off, and Klaus watches him leave. Finn super speeds down an alleyway but Ash blocks his path.]

Ash: Let's not make this any worse than it has to be, darling brother.

Finn: You're siding with him? Ash, he stored us in boxes.

Ash: At least he's not trying to make us extinct.

[Finn turns around and sees Klaus behind him.]

Finn: What are you gonna do? Kill me?

Klaus: Oh yeah, that's right, you've got a death wish. Fine, pathetic, but fine. The thing is, I'm not gonna let you take the rest of us down with you.

[Klaus throws Finn against the wall and he crumples to the ground.]

WOODS

Stefan: Klaus has always been one step ahead of us, but now we have the advantage. We're all armed and they are all linked, meaning we only need to kill one of them. We need to seize the best opportunity, which means we need to prepare for every opportunity.

Damon: Scenario number one.

[Damon grabs Elena and moves her over.]

Damon: You get to play Klaus.

Elena: Okay.

Stefan: Ash is our target so we distract her and catch her off guard. To do that we need to keep Klaus separate and occupied. [Stefan looks at Caroline.] Matt.

Matt: What am I supposed to do?

Damon: Just chat with him about Rebekah. I don't know make it up.

[Damon walks over to Caroline.]

Damon: We can use Caroline to distract Ash. Just keep her talking.

Caroline: How?

Damon: Act interested. She's lonely, and wants you as a friend, for some reason.