meeting the parents

hello all!
welcome back to another chapter of my book on miguel o'hara oneshots!

this oneshot is dedicated to:

Sorry if I'm posting this a little late

Sorry if I'm posting this a little late. I've revised this multiple times, but I do like it & I hope all you readers do too!

Now, I know different parents act differently. If the parents in this oneshot do not act as if you think yours do, please just consider that I do not know each and every one of your parents. I'm just basing these parents off of.. I don't even know what. I'm just using it off of the average sweet mom and judge-mental dad when they meet their loving daughter's boyfriend. ALSO, this is set BEFORE the proposal! (Which I'm working on part 2 rn too 😙)

y/n's pov:

      Here I am, pacing the floors of the apartment me and my boyfriend, Miguel shared. I am currently worried. Why am I worried? Because my parents are about to meet my boyfriend for the first time!
     It's not like I'm concerned about them meeting Miguel.. or Miguel meeting them.
     It's just that.. Miguel isn't the best at being polite or showing that he can handle his.. anger issues.

BrRring! BRrRing!

      My phone starts ringing. And who is it that's calling me? My mom.

"Hi sweetie! How are you?"

"I'm great mom, how are you?"

"I'm great, thanks for asking! I just want to let you know that me and your father are about to board our flight. We'll be arriving in town tonight"

"Do you need me to come pick you up from the airport?"

"Aw, thanks hon! You don't need to though. Your dad and I are going to take a cab or something-"

"Mom, there's no taxis here. This isn't New York City."

"Alright, I'll take an uber then. We're so excited to see you and meet your new boyfriend! Your dads...

...

excited."

"Wow mom. That's just what I need to hear."

"Yeah sweetie, it's tough for me too. I just hope your father will show some good manners tonight."

"Me too."

"What's that dear? Oh ok. Y/n, we're starting to board. I'll text you when we land. Love you!"

"Love you mom!"

      Seriously? Now I know my dad's not in the best mood either.
      But you know what? It's fine. Everything is fine. Tonight, everything will be fine.
       Oh! I need to pick out my outfit. I have three good choices, but I don't know which one to choose.