Remembering and Making Memories

Hades made his way out the restaurant, looking for his daughter. He was going to show that ignorant youth who he was messing with and drag his daughter home. Crying caught his attention. Stepping cautiously around a corner, he found them. Danny was caressing her face and kissing her forehead. He wiped more tears away and pulled her close to his chest. Danny placed kisses on her head and stroked her back.

The scene changed for Hades. It was him, comforting Persephone after her mother denied them to be together. He remembered wiping away her tears and promising that they would be together so how. He would hug her tight and kiss her face.

"Hades." His wife's whispered his name. She was there, she followed. Hades rubbed his face and pulled her into an embrace. In the crock of her neck, he laid his head. Persephone stroke his auburn hair. His hands wrapped around her body.

"I have become your mother." Hades realized, pulling away from her neck. "I hurt our little girl and now she is ready to run away."

"No, love. She just wanted to be herself. We cannot blame her. Look who we are." Persephone comforted her husband. She spied over to her daughter and the boy. He was holding her close, caressing her cheek. The way he was looking at her reminded Persephone to how Hades looked at her during the troubled times in the start of their relationship. His eyes were always filled with love and devotion to her.

"That boy was ready to fight me." Hades chuckled. It was an amusing thought.

"He would be fighting for a worthy cause." Persephone added. Hades looked at his wife and nodded. That he would.

*

Danny was reluctant to let Mellie go with her family. Both her mother and father promise not to keep the two apart and let them see each other tomorrow. Hades asked Danny as Mellie was leaving with her mother just how far he was willing to go for a girl he just met. A father curiosity is what he claimed.

Looking Hades dead in his eyes, Danny told him. "To the underworld and back."

Hades returned home alone. The only one there to greet him was Spot. The massive creature whimpered when he realized his mistresses were not coming in.

"Just us boys right now." He petted the middle head. The other two licked at him. Scratching their chins, Hades moved passed the doorway and went to his bedroom. The bed was still made since the day Persephone went back to her mother's. He did not sleep there when she was gone. The couch suited him better. He changed into black bedclothes. As he started to settle down, happy barks sounded through the home.

"Hi Spot! I missed you." Mellie cooed as Spot rolled on his back. All three tongues were hanging out as she rubbed his giant belly. Hades was happy to see his daughter home, yet concerned why she was there. Mellie always spent the last month with her mother and grandmother before Persephone came home.

"Grandmother and Mother had a fight about dinner. I did not want to be in the middle again." Mellie stepped over Spot. She went to her room, straight to her closet. Off with the damn yellow dress and the flower in her hair and back in her oversized black shirt and loose flannel sleep pants. She started to untwist her hair at her vanity when Hades came in. He started to help his daughter to let down her hair.

"Daddy, how did you feel the first time you saw mother?" Mellie asked.

Hades took a moment to remember. "Like Zeus hit me with the bolt of lightning. She was in her mother's gardens. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen." He remembered how her dark eyes shine as they spoke for the first time. She playfully stuck a bit of baby's breath in his hair. He still had that bit of baby breath under glass in his office.