Truths

"Halmeoni fell in love with a mortal who had a near death experience. They had my mom. She was raised with my grandfather in the mortal realm. My mom met my dad when she was in an exchange program in America. They fell in love, got married and had my older siblings and me." Danny gave Hades the shorten story on how everything happened with his family. "One of the reasons I was in therapy because I am a half Korean, half Jewish and partially a god. I was really confused as a child."

"That is confusing." Hades replied as they continued dinner. Since Danny was more like his grandmother than anyone else in his family, he could travel to the Underworld with no problem. Now, Mellie, Hades and Danny were sitting around the dinner table, having a family meal. Spot was laying at Danny's feet. He did not try to use Danny as a chew toy, but his shoes were the victims of the three headed slobber monster.

It was about two weeks after the kidnapping, and all had returned to normal. Ares had been tucked away in his parent's house in Olympus, hiding from view. Demeter and Hera started to talk about the past and old wounds started to heal. Even Persephone and Demeter were having heart to heart conversations that were long overdue.

"I'm home." Persephone's voice rung out into the house. Spot got up barking, rushing to his mistress. Hades jumped up and followed with Mellie and Danny trailing behind him.

"My love. It isn't time for you to leave your mother's." Hades dipped her wife for a long-awaited kiss. "I don't understand. Has Autumn come early?"

"No. Hades, I finally told Mother the truth about the pomegranate seeds." Persephone cupped her husband's face. Hades never kidnapped Persephone or tricked her to eat the seeds. In fact, he tried to stop her. 

She had fled from her overbearing mother's gardens and found solace in the dark shadows of the underworld. She knew that eating the seeds would cause her to stay in the underworld, one seed per month. In her hand, she had twelve seeds. Before she could place all twelve seeds in her mouth, Hades found her and pulled her hand away from her mouth, spilling six seeds out.

Not to have Demeter angry at her daughter, Hades lied. He claimed that he took her from the gardens and tricked her to eating the seeds. This caused a rift between the two gods that never healed.

"She has agreed to let me come and go as I please. And the seasons will stay the same as they have been. She only asked for all of us to come visit her once in a while. All of us includes you, Danny." Persephone smiled, seeing him holding Mellie's waist. Spot was so happy to have his family back together that he knocked down both Hades and Persephone, licking their faces. Mellie was ready with her camera.

Later that night while Mellie watched Danny sleep, she remembered when he showed her his other side. They were on a date a few days after the incident at Dionysus's club. A guy grabbed Mellie's arm and tried to pull her away from Danny as he yelled racial slurs. Danny grabbed him by the shirt and lifted him off his feet. Mellie saw a faint outline of a jawbone appeared on Danny's face. The guy screamed, clutching at his chest. Danny dropped him to the ground. After a moment, the man was okay and apologizing profusely to the both of them.

When they got back to Danny's place, he sat in a chair with his head in his hands. Mellie knelt in front of him. She moved his hands and cupped his face.

"Show me." Mellie whispered to him. Looking into her eyes, Danny showed the other side. What he would call his death note. The lower part of his face was a skeletal jaw like it was a very detail tattoo. His hands and arms bore streaks of black going all the way to his shoulders. When she went to hold his hands, he moved them away.

"The stag in the wood." Danny started, closing his hands up into fist. "I couldn't see it suffer anymore. I have a death touch. When I petted its neck, I provided his death. The guy, I nearly cause him to have a heart attack. He grabbed you and yelled those things. I was so pissed off." His voice was shaking.

Mellie went into her god form and placed her hands on his fists. He slowly opened his hands to her. She laced their fingers together. His death touch had no effect on his goddess. She let a bit of the decay fog swirl in his hand. Nothing happened to him. They were immune to the other's powers.

"I was made for you, and only you. You were made for me and only me." Mellie expressed. She climbed into his lap and kissed him while he still had his death note on.