Falling Asleep with Him - Gally x Reader

Falling asleep with Gally had always been the same nearly every night. We always went to bed at the same time, wether that meant me waiting up for him with a book, or him waiting for me drawing up new plans for the builders. But, tonight was different.

Gally had a really long day, and was trying to wait up for me but his head kept dropping while trying to draw plans. Even when he was helping to stay on lookout while I was showering, he kept stifling a yawn.

I was just finishing up some final goodnights and putting away a few tools from todays work in the medjack hut. After the final goodnights were said between Clint, Jeff, and I. I headed over to Gally and I's personal hut he had built just for the two of us. It had become our sanctuary, where we could be vulnerable with each other, even if Gally had never truly shown his vulnerable side.

I expected to see Gally sat at his desk with a sleepy smile on his face just waiting to snuggle into bed together finally now that the two of you were clean and tired. But instead, I found Gally-still sat at his desk- but his head resting on his arm and a pencil loosely hanging in his hand still. His back was hunched and sprayed out, his muscles tensing and loosening up like he was having a dream but his face remained the same beautiful expression of sleep.

I tiptoed over to where he laid, after shutting the door of course, and put my small hands on his back rubbing them over the tense muscles. His smell of musk was prominent in our room and if made me crazy for him, not in a sexual manner, but a way that I feel only I know, a way that makes me want to not only be wrapped in his arms but to somehow be burrowed under his skin, to feel so close to him, that I can never physically leave. I love him.

After maybe two minutes of me giving him this massage, his muscles became loose and he started to stir awake. I heard him take a deep breath in and pick his head up. My hands travel from his back sliding down his arms so my head is resting on his back.

"Long day?" I whisper in his ear.

He shifted a little to look towards me, and all he could reply with was a sleepy "Mhmmm" and a slight nod to go with it. After a small stretch, he slowly stood from his chair, only the small lantern casting a warm glow around the four walls he built.

His body towered over mine and he was finally able to look at me correctly. He was so beautiful, and as if he took the words right out of my mouth,

"You're so beautiful." He whispered and I grinned.

"So are you." As I say this I wrap my arms around his neck and we embrace in a long hug, with his arms wrapped around my waist, squeezing ever so slightly and his head at the crook of my neck.

"I'm sorry I couldn't stay up for you." He said, I could sense a twinge of guilt in his voice and his head picked up but he wouldn't make eye contact.

"Don't be sorry, you were tired, Gal." My hands reached to cup his face. He let out a shaky breath, and a tear slipped from each of his green eyes.

"Gally? Why are you crying?" He still wouldn't look at me, "Gally, are you ok, honey?"

He sniffled, "Yeah, I'm sorry, you know how I am with change. I just didn't like how I didn't wait for you, that's all. I'm sorry. I'm ok."

"Oh Gally don't be sorry... Here, let's get into bed. Ok? Then, we can snuggle up and fall asleep."

I hear a small ok escape his mouth. I guide him to our bed where he laid down under the covers, I walked over to my side and he lifted the blankets, inviting me to bury myself further into him.

"This is my favorite part of the day." I whisper to him as a climbed in.

"It's my favorite too. Why is it yours?" He asks. I can tell he's getting tired because he's slirring his words and I giggle.

"Because this is the time where I can be closest to you. I can constantly be held by you and nothing can stop us." I smile.

He smiles, we are now positioned in a way where we are both facing eachother. My hands playing with the hem of his shirt and his arms lazily draped around my waist.

I could hear his soft breathing and occasional light snores escape his mouth and as sleep was tugging me down into slumber, I nestled closer into Gally's chest and his arms involuntarily snaked tighter around my waist.

"Mmm y/n..." he groans in his sleep.

I'm too tired to even respond or fully acknowledge his sweet voice. And I just clutch his shirt more in a sort of response to let him know I'm here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while! I'm going to try and publish chapters more frequently! Please feel free to comment feedback and ideas! Thank you guys for reading <3