Hard to Sleep - Gally x Reader

All I could hear was snores. Nothing else. Being in a maze with all boys was exhausting especially  at night. 

Sometimes, if I'm lucky, I beat most of the heavy snorers to sleep. But, most nights that's not the case.

I tossed and turned and finally just decided to climb out of my hammock and take a quick walk around the Glade. Even though it's against the rules. 

The Glade was almost pitch black, except for a slight glow due to some lanterns and the stars.

I look around as I take a lantern and continue walking. 

I make it to the edge of the Deadheads. I love the Deadheads. Such a beautiful forest. Sometimes I pretend it's a real forest. I'll probably be thrown in the pit if I'm caught in here after dark but I haven't seen any boys yet, I think everyone else is asleep so what can really harm me? 

I giggle slightly and work my way into the dense forest. So, so quiet. Just like how I wanted. I take a big breath in taking in the scent of wood and dirt. So real, so human. 

I keep walking , and eventually, hear a rustle in the leaves that aren't my own foot steps. 

"Who is there?" I say in a soft-spoken voice.

He's getting closer. I start to hyperventilate and walk in all different directions. I accidentally drop my lantern and the light goes out. The only source of comfort is the stars.

 What if it's Mike and his friends? What if it's Ben? I start to back up. What if-

I back into something, or more like someone. I gasp and whimper, and turn around. The figure notices I'm panicking and grabs ahold of my wrists.

"No, please," I hyperventilate, "Let me go."

"Y/n, y/n, don't panic. It's just me, its Gally. Calm down y/n!" He says comfortingly.

I frantically search his face, trying to slow my breathing. My head is spinning but it finally processes that it's him and I break loose of his grip and hug him tightly. 

He was one of the only boys I truly trusted in here.

We stayed like this until he pulled away and grabbed my face in both of his hands. 

"Y/n, what were you doing in here alone? You're lucky I saw your lantern. You could've tripped and fell, or one of the boys could have been up. What if I didn't notice and couldn't get to you in time? What were you thinking?" He asks searching my eyes.

"I- It was too loud in the Homestead. I couldn't sleep. I- I'm sorry." I whisper. With his hands still on my face, my hands are playing with the hem of his sleeves, where his forearm begins to be exposed.

He sighs, "You're ok." He pulls me in for another hug. I start to cry, I don't mean to but I'm tired and weak, and the fact that he cared so much got to me.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He says softly pulls away again.

"I'm sorry." I wipe my tears.

"You say sorry a lot for being the one person who actually deserves the biggest apology." He puts a piece of hair behind my ear.

My heart is beating so fast.

I just stare at him.

"I just--."

"Here you can sleep in my hut tonight, come on." He put his arm around my shoulders, guiding me back to his own little sanctuary.

He opens the door inward for me and lets me in. I slide past his chest and am immediately met with his scent. 

I breath in. So real, so human. 

I walk over to his bed that he is frantically trying to tidy up for me and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Gal, it's perfect in here. Don't worry." I whisper. He pauses to look at me and slightly smiles.

"Uhm, I'll take the floor, you can have the bed." He suggests. 

"No, no this is your hut you take the bed. It's so quiet I bet I could sleep on anything." I smile.

"No, I can't do that. Especially not to a girl." He says.

"We could just share it. I trust you enough to do that. If you're comfortable?" I try to look anywhere but his eyes. But I fail and look into his gorgeous eyes. 

"Yeah, that sounds perfect." He smiles.

He lift up the covers for me and I slide in. 

"Its a small bed, meant for one person, so we- uhm - might have to get close." He says as he's climbing in.

"That's ok." I whisper.

He settles so his arm is under my head and I'm pressed against his side. 

I'm drifting off to sleep, no longer cold, no longer scared. In fact I don't think I've ever felt safer. I could tell this would be the best night sleep I've ever had in this place.

"Goodnight Gally."

"Goodnight y/n."

------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry this is super short. I'm having trouble with ideas and prompts but I will still keep writing! If any of you have ideas and/or requests please let me know in the comments!!!

-S