20

Waking up the next morning, Mayuri wasn't surprised to not find Yudhishthir. It was already dawn and people wake up before sunrise, a habit Mayuri could still not adapt.

She headed to take a bath immediately and it was still foggy outside. The hallways were silent with no one to be seen. The Pandavas had ordered no soldiers or maids to enter their premises unless they ask to. It had always been like that so that their actions wouldn't feel like being monitored by the spies of shakuni and duryodhan. 

Mayuri heard the sound of the sword swinging in the air. She followed the sound and saw sahadev practicing his skills. Her eyes travelling down his well built body which was covered in sweat. His torso was completely bare, a sight which would make the nymphs fall in love easily. Mayuri was thankful that there were no maids currently to relish this magnificent sight of her husband.

She hid behind the pillar and noticed his brilliant sword skills. They were so sharp and quick. Thinking it was inappropriate for her to stare at him, she decided to leave only to be stopped by his voice.

"Does princess know it's inappropriate to stare at her own husband secretly..." His low husky voice sent shivers down her spine. She slowly turned back to face him, fidgeting with her fingers.
"How is it wrong, Arya?" She questioned back. He looked at her for a moment before placing his sword aside. "Is it immoral to stare at my own husband? Must I stare at strange men instead?" She decided to test him wanting to get a reaction out of the silent and mysterious prince.

Sahadev's eyes darkened quickly
"Mayuri, don't." He warned, his mind filled with rage thinking about other men lurking around his wife. Mayuri gulped seeing the slightest bit of her husband's rage but she still decided to play with fire anyway.

"Have I said something wrong, Arya?" She questioned again feigning innocence. In less than a second she was yanked closer by waist towards him. Her hands holding on his biceps for support. His back eyes lost in her brown ones.

"Princess like mischief, doesn't she?" He whispered, his hands resting on her bare waist. She closed her eyes at the warm touch of his hands. "I apologise, Arya." She whispered back trying to escape his grasp although her heart wished to stay longer in his arms. He didn't say a word but just kept staring at her, wanting to do nothing but to hide her from the entire world. Seeing he was lost in a trance, she slightly pushed him and he let her go. Running away with her racing heart, Mayuri could not help but continue to replay the scene in her mind.

Sahadev on the hand was surprised by himself, he couldn't understand how she managed to bring out the wild side out of him yet his mind worried if he had made her uncomfortable. The entire world sees the calm side of him yet infront of her he wanted to be his wild self. The pink hue of her cheeks, the twinkles of her payal and her sweet giggles were driving him crazy. It's seem likes the most intelligent prince had lost his sanity.

_____________

After taking a bath the dasis were helping Mayuri to get ready.
"So how was it?" Questioned Malini with an excited expression

"What?"

"Your night with yuvraj yudhisthir duh!" Reminded Malini and Mayuri facepalmed at her.

"Arya is a gentleman Malini, he said he will not touch me until I permit him from heart" replied Mayuri with a dreamy expression.

"That makes sense, I was wondering how could you so quiet. Turns out nothing happened" said Malini nonchantly while braiding mayuri's hair. "I heard there is celebrations tonight for mine and panchali jiji's  welcome?" Asked Mayuri to Malini who hummed in response.

"Not only that mayu, there are many formalities and things you have to be done with today. The Kaurav Kumar and their wives have already arrived, you have to greet them then you have to make a sweet dish for royals as a tradition of dwarka. You remember right before starting anything good, we make something sweet and then lastly you have to attend the celebrations but before all of that you have to do the Pooja with the other royal ladies which will start in three minutes, omg!!" Malini remembered and started to panic. Mayuri just sighed at her friend's worry and also felt extremely nervous for the amount of tasks she had to do today.