22

The voice of Mayuri stopped the raging warriors.

"Arya, rajkumar dusshasan must have meant that he admired and respected music alot since he spends alot of time in the court listening to the musicians from different parts of aryavart" Mayuri smartly turned the topic and dusshasan's evil smirk flattered for a second.

"However this is not the right occasion to enjoy such music Rajkumar unless you wanna perform as well like your courtseans do?" She  added and it was his turn to be fuming.

"You-" as dusshasan was to reply, shakuni stopped him "Mere bacche, now is not the time to discuss about music." He kept his hand on dusshasan's shoulder as if to signal something.

"Well mamashree if not from bhabhishree then why not from Arjun who is so great in playing Veena" a different voice spoke and they turned to find duryodhan with a man beside him. Mayuri quickly understood he was with karna based on the glow radiating from him with those arrogant eyes.

Arjun simply smirked not even replying and heading towards the stage as he took the Veena in his hands. Mayuri felt like she was struck with thousands of love arrows at her husband's nonchalant behaviour when it comes to people questioning him. She learns new things about them everyday and today she was sure that the men she married worshiped music in the same way they worship their weapons.

As Arjun started the playing the Veena, the time seemed to stop as he focused only on his wife while she was looking anywhere but his eyes. Each of their stares were always too intense for her to handle.

When Arjun finished playing the Veena, the entire venue echoes with his praises except the kaurav. Duryodhan snapped the necklace from his neck and threw it at Arjun catching everyone off guard.

"This is the payment for your music, Arjun" he laughed acting as if he did something "Never knew a warrior could play Veena in the same way than those of nymphs. Careful Arjun, one day you might just spend your life dancing and singing in the court instead of fighting in the war" Karn felt it was necessary to add his unnecessary comment which fumed everyone.

"Duryodhan have you forgotten the way Arjun trapped you with his single arrow?" Questioned bheem stepping closer to the eldest Kaurava "Bhrata bheem have you forgotten the way my friend Karn freed the traps of Arjun with a single arrow?" He questioned back.

"Even a rat can claw his way out so that it becomes useful" Arjun shot at Karn who smirked in return.

"You might be a great Archer Arjun but what's the state now of archers where someone plucks a bow's string while some blows a gasket" added shakuni "You can continue your music Rajkumar Arjun after all music is now a big part of your life, might as well practice it to entertain the maidens" Karn said looking at Mayuri and Arjun lost it at the moment furiously walking towards him.

"Angaraj Karn!" Yelled Arjun in anger raising his dhanush at the latter. Mayuri gasped in shock and looked at her other husbands who held their weapons high as well.

"Arya no-" before Mayuri could stop he was already towards the king of Anga who was standing there with a surprised expression.

"Arjun! Stop right there" yelled the voice of dhritarashtra and Arjun stopped at his tracks. Mayuri wondered how the king only appears to the scene after his sons are done causing a scene and then blames it on the innocent side.

"Rajsabha mei shastr uthane ke liye mai tumhe mrityu dand bhi de sakta hun!" He shouted angrily and Arjun clenched his gandiva tightly.

"Maharaj, Arjun's intentions weren't to offend the rules of rajsabha" Yudhishthir stated with a determined expression ready to step up for his brother. "Anyone who raises their weapons in the premises of the court must be punished" bhishma spoke while Vidura was in a dilemma on how to handle the situation.