5 - Bohemian Rhapsody

I arrived in front of Nate’s door at 7 AM sharp in a horrible mood. Spencer decided to yap at every little noise she heard the night before and I could barely fall asleep. Eventually I just stayed awake and decided to come over to Nate’s apartment.

I knocked on his door three times and hoped that he actually followed my instructions and cleaned up. I got no answer and soon grew irritated. I knocked again only quicker and louder in attempt to get Nate’s attention.

After a few minutes, I finally heard some scuffling on the other side. The door opened and Nate stood there rubbing his sleepy eyes. He was wearing sweat pants and a white tank top. He had to blink a couple of times before he realized who I was.

“What time is it?” I smiled at how adorable he sounded.

“Aw,” I teased patting his cheek as I walked past him. I didn’t get far before I noticed that nothing had been touched since I had been here last. “I’m glad you cleaned up for me,” I added sarcastically.

Nate brushed my shoulder as he passed by and checked the clock on the oven. “Seven?”

I rolled my eyes. “What time do you normally wake up on Saturday?”

“Eleven,” he answered grumpily.

I shrugged. “At least it rhymes.”

Nate rubbed his eyes as I looked around for somewhere to sit but I was afraid to touch anything.

“Why didn’t you clean?”

“Didn’t feel like it, you fiend,” he responded tiredly. I gave him an odd look. “It rhymes,” he mocked.

“Okay,” I muttered surveying the mess. I spotted a package of cigarettes hidden on his coffee table. I licked my lips self consciously and before I knew it, the pack was in my hands. I pulled one cigarette out and immediately popped it into my mouth. Nate suddenly seemed to be awakened.

“You can’t smoke that in here,” he yelled.

I raised an eyebrow at him while ready to use the lighter in my hand. “Why not?”

“It will make my wallpaper yellow,” he said taking the cigarette from my mouth which immediately turned to a pout. I hadn’t had a cigarette in two days and my craving starting to kick in.

“You’re house seems like dog barf and rotten food but you’re worried about yellow wallpaper?” I was a little more than annoyed.

“Yes, I will have to pay for that when I move out,” he explained. He grabbed the whole pack out of my hands and threw it in the trash. I felt like crying but I held it together. I could save those cigarettes later when he wasn’t looking.

“Why do you even have them if you don’t smoke?”

Nate yawned. “I have friends.”

I sighed and looked around totally disgusted. “If you don’t clean this place up then I’m going to have to do it myself.”

Nate leaned against his counter and looked at me disbelievingly. “Is that supposed to be a threat?”

“You can take it as one,” I suggested.

I could see Nate wondering if this was a trap or not. “Okay, do it. Rubber gloves are under the sink and there’s cleaning stuff under there too. Vacuum, broom, and mop are all in the hall closet. Have fun!”

“I’m going to girly up your place!” I announced as he began to head back to his bedroom.

Nate looked at me. “Why is it such a big deal for me to have a clean place?”