The mark of Nimueh (p2)

"WE'RE INNOCENT, STOP!" Gwen screams. "GWEN HAS NO ROLE IN THIS" you protest. However that did not convince anyone and you were both chucked into a cell.
Gwen continued to sob as the guards lock the door. You could even feel your own tears fall down your face.

Once the guards left you knew there was nothing else you could do. You both tightly embrace each other while sitting on the mucky straw floor and quietly sobbing.

Not long later you hear the sound of feet heading to your cell. You look up to see Morgana, Gaius and Merlin outside your cell.
"Guys" you cried happily. "Are you both alright?" Morgana asks. "Not really" Gwen replies.

"I'm sorry" Merlin apologises for some unknown reason that only you and Gaius knew. "It's not your fault Merlin" Gwen tells him.
"(Y/n)" Morgana then catches your attention. "Is what you said true; about you curing Gwen's father? Are you really a witch?" she asks you.

The whole room fell silent. You looked over at Gaius and Merlin who clearly had a facial expression that said 'don't do it'. You thought about it hard. If you really admitted now there would be no turning back.

"No" you reply.

Merlin and Gaius took a quiet breath of relief. "I only said that so Gwen wouldn't suffer alone" you tell them. Gwen and Morgana looked astonished. "You shouldn't have to do that" Gwen says nearly breaking into tears again.
"You truly must be one of the most bravest girl in Camelot" Morgana breathes. "More like the most foolish" you hear Gaius mumble before walking away.

You knew he'd have to be very angry at you now. "I'm not going to let this happen to either of you, you're both not going to die" Merlin growls before storming off. "Merlin!" you call out to try and stop him, but it was no use.
"He's not going to do what I think he's going to do is he" Gwen states worriedly. "I guess you and your brother aren't so different after all" Morgana sighs as you felt the tears slide down your face once more.

Time skip

"The water from here supplies the whole town"

"Take a sample and then let's take it back and examine it"

~ROAR~

Your eyes shot open and your heart was beating loudly in your chest. But you slowly calmed down once you realised it was just a bad bream.
You were confused about why your dream was about Gaius and Merlin going to the town's water supply and there being some kind of beast there.

You couldn't sleep after that dream. You just sat by the bars of the cell looking into the distance. Then suddenly you heard footsteps and that's when you saw Merlin.
"Merlin" you quietly exclaimed as to not wake Gwen up. "Are you okay?" he asks you. You say nothing.

"Please don't tell me you tried to take my place" you then ask him. "I did" he sighs. "But Arthur got in the way and I was let off. He's also still trying to convince Urther that you're not a witch".
You made a mental note in your mind to thank him if you ever saw him again. "How's Gaius" you ask him. "Really upset with you" your brother replies which didn't surprise you one bit. "But he's also really worried about you". You then made a mental note in your mind to apologise to Gaius if you ever saw him again.

"I'm going to get you both out" Merlin then tells you. "How?" you ask him. "We believe we've found the cause of the illness; I'm going to the dragon to look for answers" he whispers to you before walking away.
Your mind then wandered back to the dream you had. If Merlin and Gaius had really just discovered what might be the cause was your dream really just a dream?

Time skip

"So the great Warlock returns, but alone this time"

"I need to know how to defeat an Alvack! My friend Gwen and my sister's life depends on it"