a storm without rain

"I'm not dead!!" Genya yapped as (Y/n) teared up beside him. Her hands gently held onto his arm as his face turned a sickly red, looking away and trying to push her off. "Sanemi is on his way!!" She shouted, pulling Genya into a hug from the back of his head. Her words were true; Angry stomps could be heard throughout the whole city as Genyas big brother hurried to the rescue.

His raspy voice called out from behind the two, and (Y/n)a watery eyes shot over to him. "Genya," he called in a relatively monotone voice, rushing over to the two. Placing his large hand on (Y/n)s back, he looked down at his brother. His finger brushed against Genyas red cheek, wiping some of the blood dripping down his chin. It wasn't dangerous, but there appeared to be a thin gash from the side of his nose across his cheek.

"Who did this?" he muttered, as Genya finally began to relax. (Y/n) looked over to Sanemi nervously, as if begging through her mind for him to not do anything too far. "I don't know, there were four of them.." A grumble escaped the cloud headed man's lips as he kneeled up, hand on (Y/n)s shoulder. "Take him back to your dorm, okay?"

Powerless in this situation, the girl simply nodded, wrapping Genyas arm over her shoulder. Her umbrella laid still the the ground, overpowered by the thunderous rain and the three split unevenly; Sanemi walking deeper into the storm while Genya and (Y/n) slowly crept out of it.

The rain was consuming them both, progressively getting harder each passing second. Barely able to see five feet ahead of her, (Y/n)s legs shook as she held the heavy boy on half of her side. Her breaths got heavier as her heart began to slowly pound faster and faster; this felt like walking through a battlefield. Water dripped from the top of her soaking wet hair- the rain coat barely saved her from the weather. Somehow, it had gotten even worse with rin the duration that she had found Genya, but she hadn't noticed until this moment. Glancing behind her, she noticed Sanemi walking quickly behind her. He's back already?

Her footsteps stopped as she felt Genyas head turn slightly to the side. His lips parted as he pressed his fingers against her side, pushing himself back from her. Eyes widening, she reached out her wet hand and caught him by the edges of his shirt- right before he was going to fall over.

"Genya.. Please hold onto me.." She called, barely holding him up. He must've gotten punched in the face, because Genya could hardly walk straight. Suddenly, the weight of Genya leaning on her disappeared. Her eyes darted to the side. "Sanemi you-"

Pressing against her face from Genyas left was Hakuji's crystal blue eyes. He held onto Genyas free arm, wrapping it around his shoulder as (Y/n) let go of him. The girl hurried behind the two. "What are you doing here.?" she asked, Genya still struggling to see the man who helped him.
"(Y/n), who is this?"

Eyes focusing straight ahead, Hakuji suddenly turned into a dry alleyway. Placing Genya down, he turned to (Y/n). "No one should be here right now. I have to go now."

Her body propelled itself forward, grabbing his hand. Turning around, Hakuji stared at her blankly. Small drops of rain pattered on the concrete ground, and rustling came from where Genya was sitting. The boy stood on his feet, looking at Hakuji with wide eyes. "I asked you a question," she said, already slightly irritated. She was completely soaked, hair dripping wet as goosebumps lingered over her cold skin. Looking her up and down, Hakuji frowned. "Go home when the rain stops." His voice came to a pause as he looked down at the shrunken girl just a few feet behind him. Pulling his hand away, he began to walk back out into the rain.