Pg 2

Cole's pov

I grabbed my briefcase before heading out the door. I looked at my phone checking the list Michal sent me of items I needed.

Mask-nope

outfit- nope

ID-check

Weapon- nope

I looked at the sun peaking over the horizon. I looked at my watch realizing how early I am. It was only 5:43 and I didn't need to get to the office until 7. 

I walked down the street and into a parlor shop located a block away from the bus station. The front lady welcomed me with a smile and asked if I was looking for anything specific. 

"I am looking for a nice outfit for a detective," I said giving a kind smile.

Her smile disappeared as she looked at me with mild disgust.

"Oh, that stuff is in the basement. I'm sure you can find it." The lady said with some attitude.

I didn't bother to reply. I headed towards the metal stairs that were located on the far left of the room. It had a small chain preventing people from entering, but I just stepped over it and walked down the steps. I heard the humming of a man in the darkness of the room, I stepped closer making out the figure of some beast-man.

The beast turned around.

"Why hello there young one. It has been quite some time since I last got a customer." The raccoon greeted.

" Hello there. You are the detective parlor I am guessing." I spoke.

"You are correct, now let's see." He said stepping closer to me.

He was an elderly raccoon with rolled-up sleeves and a pair of reading glasses.

"You seem like a matt black type of guy, maybe a flare on your neck. Ah, and a coat to go with." The raccoon muttered to himself.

"That all sounds nice, but I can't afford-" I started but was interrupted.

"Shhh, detectives are free. So, please relax." He said with a smile.

The next 30 minutes went by quickly, he had most of the materials needed and just had to do a bit of sowing. We chatted and I asked him how he was able to escape the hybrid district. He told me a story about being sold underground, he explained how he ran away when they were being transferred through the tunnels of abandoned railways. After a few years on the run, he ended up here working and living in this parlor shop for the past 17 years.

After the story, he left and walked into a room before coming out a few minutes later holding a stack of clothes.

"Well don't just stand there try them on." He said mockingly.

"Where?" I asked looking around.

He pointed towards a door that looked like it's never been opened before. I sighed and walked in turning on the light as I shut the door behind me. I put on the clothes and walked out, they felt snug but comfortable at the same time. Not only that but it was mobile, and it didn't restrict my movement at all.

"I have one more thing I think you will find useful." The old beast said pulling something from behind his back. 

It was a mask, a creepy one. Looking at it gave me shivers, but at the same time piqued my interest. I picked it up in my hands.

 I picked it up in my hands