31.

Harry is looking at me with worried eyes, standing right by the passenger door and holding me tight. "We're here." I raise an eyebrow. Where is here? Heaven? A hospital? I have no idea what's going on, or what even happened.

"Huh," I rub my eyes and focus on our surroundings. My hotel is to the left of the car and the street lights are bright, lining the sidewalk. Weren't we just on the highway? "What happened?"

"You don't remember anything," Harry asks, lifting his strong arms off of me. I shake my head. I honestly have no clue or any recollection of what happened. "Well after Diana finished talking to you at the restaurant, you were so tired that you were practically half asleep. I had to help you get to the car so you wouldn't just lay on the floor of the lobby. Then you fell asleep in the car almost right away." Wait, so everything that happened, didn't happen? I'm so confused. That was probably the most realistic and vivid dream I have ever had.

"Oh. Uh, so you're still alive and we aren't going to Heaven?" This is very interesting. How could I not remember anything? I don't recall being super tired after the dinner. Oh well.

"Yep. Wait, what do you mean I'm dead and going to Heav-" I cut him off with laughter. He has no idea of what I'm talking about. But thank goodness none of that was real. Honestly, I don't know what I would do if I was the reason Harry was hurt. But I do know that I would never forgive myself. 

Harry joins in and laughs along with me, making me laugh even more. His smile is so contagious. I think it just might be the end of me. But it can't be yet, because I need to complete my bucket list first. "I had the most terrifying dream," I say, trying not to laugh anymore. But I can't stop, and a small laugh comes out every now and then as I continue to explain my story to him. "I was driving you to your hotel, and we got into something similar to a car accident. I don't really know what it was though, because no cars crashed or anything, they just slammed the breaks and then I couldn't see. And then, I thought we died and I started crying." I say, shrugging. Harry looks at me with an unsure expression. Knowing him, he can't tell if he should laugh or show sympathy.

"Wow. That's weird. Well, we got stuck in traffic, so it's almost 4am. I tried to get here as soon as possible," Harry rubs the back of his neck. "May I..?" He motions to the door, meaning he was wondering if he could walk me to my hotel room. 

I smile and nod. "Of course not,"  He furrows his brows and rolls his eyes. "Wow, you're turning into me. And I thought that I  would become more nice, like you." Harry holds the door open for me as I walk into the hotel. We go to the elevator. Good thing nobody is here, because it's so early in the morning. 

"So, this is it," I stand in front of the door to my room. "We made it through the dinner alive." Harry steps closer and he is playing with his fingers. 

"Mhm," He looks down at my lips, then back to my eyes. "Hardly."

I'm not sure how I should respond to this. Was he just looking at my lips for a reason? I mean, probably not. He might've just looked there by accident. I try to come up with something to say before there's an awkward silence. "Oh really? What makes you say that?" I say, smirking. I poke his chest playfully as he is about to answer.

His cheeks go read, but he holds my finger and brings it down gently. "It was just boring! And you were ignoring me most of the time and talk with John." He scrunches his nose when he says John's name. It makes me laugh at him. He's so cute.

Suddenly, I feel as flirty and enthusiastic as I did on the way to the restaurant. "Were you... jealous?" I smirk at him and move closer to him. I am confident about this. Harry tries to step back, his eyes widened, but bangs into the wall behind him. Good thing my room is the one at the end of the hall.

"No." Harry reacts completely different than I expected. He isn't flustered at all, in fact he seems serious. 

"Wha-" I'm cut off when Harrys hands grip my sides and holds me against the wall. I almost dropped my crutches when he swapped our places. He has a bright fire in his eyes. He isn't getting away with this one. I move my head to the left quickly, so he moves that way, but I quickly swivel to the right instead.

"Shoot," He yells, as he finds himself trapped in the corner. I move closer and put my crutch on top of his foot. He winces in pain, and I take it off of his shoe, laughing. "It's not funny!!" He says, pouting. 

"Oh you better believe it is." I continue to walk closer, and finally get him to fold. Or at least I think he did. He's just staring at my eyes and then to my lips, every few seconds. He purses his lips and just looks directly at me. I can tell he isn't acting normal though, because he is stiff again, just like in the car. His cheeks are also red. It's so adorable when he gets flustered.

I can tell that he was expecting me to come closer, but I swivel to the door instead. I unlock it and walk inside. He is still staring at the spot I was standing at a few seconds ago. He looks shocked. Is he okay? I knock on the door, and the sound flicks him back to reality. "Goodnight." He says, as he starts to come close to me. 

"Goodnight," But instead of me shutting the door, and harry leaving, we just star into each others eyes. Why isn't he leaving? And why won't I close the door? It feels like gravity is forcing us to stay in our places, like we were in some kind of film scene. I convince myself to get ready to close the door, but I freeze again. "Harry?" He looks down into my eyes, and I look up into his.

"Hm? What is it, Rae?" A small grin is starting to tug at the ends of his lips. Not that I was staring at his lips, it was just noticeable. I know that I should just close the door, but I can't.

"Stay."

Authors note:

i got so good that i even have a streak now

ps. lol jk (heres the actual authors note) hey luvs! im so sorry for such a short chapter today. AND OMG I CANT STOP WRITING HANDREA ITS LIKE AN ADDICTION OR SOMETHING CAUSE ITS EVEN IN CHAPTERS IT WASNT PLANNED TO HAPPEN. well maybe its just meant to be 🤷‍♀️ but yeah please please vote it helps a lot and i love reading your comments sm! anywhoooo see you soon luvs ❤️