Cordelia Carstairs

Cordelia Carstairs. Since ten-years-old had a crush on James Herondale. In the found family tree they are said to get married and have a son.

Cassandra Clare confirmed that they are going to get married during Chain of Gold (the first book) for a "weird" yet logical reason. We are going to find out if it lasted ect during the trilogy. Also this marriage is not one of the arranged/political marriages that may/will happen.

This is the most discussed issue. James is in love with someone else, aka Grace. This is a very complicated issue for their relationship to work.

Now during City of Heavenly Fire Emma Carstairs mentioned to Jace Herondale that her father (John Carstairs) used to say that Carstairs own the Herondales for some unknown to her reason. Cordelia and James' wedding might be the reason. It might start as a lavender marriage and turn out as a real one.

There is also another theory that I think it's very unlikely to happen. Some people believe that she will later realise she is bisexual or gay and be with Anna Lightwood. Most people have a crush when little but it doesn't necessarily mean that they are meant to be. So her marriage to James might happened because she has an affair with someone who she's not allowed to.

Yet Cassandra Clare has pointed out that there are more major characters in the series that haven't been revealed yet in order not to spoil the plot (an example is Cecily Herondale and Gideon Lightwood, who were revealed during the second book in the trilogy). Plus, Anna Lightwood is known to have relationships with other women -is said to have several girlfriends- and even though the community she lives in doesn't accept it, she doesn't have to marry someone to cover her affairs up. It would not be a logical reason for Cordelia to act this way.

The last rumor was fueled by CC's reveal that there is going to be a lesbian pairing in TLH. The one person is probably Anna and the other is unknown. I think the character is not yet revealed, but as far as we know the only known characters left for Anna to be with are Cordelia and Grace. Lucie is Anna's cousin so she is out of the list (and Cassandra said that she doesn't want to swim on this water again, meaning shipping two related people).

It is also confirmed that Cordelia and Lucie are going to be parabatai during TLH. Probably a serious event lead them to this decision, because they were friends for a long time and being parabatai didn't come up all these years (James Herondale mentioned in Nothing but Shadows that Lucie met Cordelia in a visit and from then they were best friends, writing each other letters all the time ect).

I still have no theory over why the Carstairs' files have been lost. It couldn't be because Alastair or Cordelia did something against the law, otherwise apart from deleting all Carstairs' files and stripping off their marks, the name would have disappeared all completely. And suddenly all we know in the family tree is that a John Carstairs married Cordelia Townsend and their daughter is Emma Carstairs from the Dark Artifices. If I think of something related to this issue, I'll talk about it in Alastair's chapter so keep that in mind.

Author's note: Cordelia is so pretty. And her colouring, dark skin black eyes and dark red hair, is perfect.

I ship her with Jamie so much you can't even imagine. And I sense that their love story is going to be the most tragic one (I have more hope of Julian and Emma ending up together than these too!)

Tumblr: findyourherondale