Christopher Lightwood

Christopher Lightwood is a character much similar to Henry Fairchild. A genius, absent-minded and socially akward (especially around girls).

Cassandra Clare hasn't given any clues on what his involvement in the stories will be. Just like Henry proved his value in the third book with the invention of The Portal. Christopher is more of a scientist than an inventor and works with Henry. Maybe as a scientist he can manage to combine runes with biology or chemistry, the way Henry combined them with mechanisms.

This could turn out to be huge, but runes that exist already cover up a significant amount of traits so I can't imagine something entirely new that they might do with the help of Chris. Maybe some short of necromancy in order to bring Jesse back to life? Still seems kind of impossible. Or maybe his thing for explosives as we saw in Nothing but Shadows.

What most people speculate about Christopher is his possible relationship with Grace Blackthorn (see her chapter too on this one). It could be a real or a political one. If they actually went on falling in love this could create a tension between him and James Herondale (his cousin), since James loves Grace ever since he was a kid. I can't imagine him catching the attention of a girl like Grace since she's too out of his league (and he is also really absent-minded all of the time), but if that ship is actually real that would make me really happy.

I read somewhere that this couple might not actually be a political/sham marriage. Some believe that Christopher might be the only one who treats Grace as a normal girl and Grace will actually see the gorgeous man behind the glasses and messy appearance, who steps away from human attention (the exact opposite of what Grace is doing).

Chris is usually spotted with his best friends, James Herondale, Matthew Fairchild and Thomas Lightwood. Therefore he must be one of the important characters in the series. Maybe not one of the main protagonists but still in the spotlight. I suspect he's going to have a part like Maya from The Mortal Instruments, or Magnus Bane from The Infernal Devices (I know he's also a part in The Mortal Instruments, but I mention his presence in TID 'cause it's more minor than his role in TMI -in my opinion-).

Bonus Lightwood stuff: ALEXANDER LIGHTWOOD (and no he's not our Alec!)
Alexander Lightwood is a kid during TLH so I believe most of his time he's going to be with Cecily and Gabriel, whether they live in London or Idris. He's going to make cameo appearances, similar to Max Lightwood from TMI. I don't think that CC is going to gave him killed (and in the Lightwood family tree he is said to die old). In my mind Cassandra Clare will not make a repetition in the plotline and she already used the theme of the child sacrifice, the usual outcome of a war. Then again you can never be sure.

His siblings, Christopher and Anna are going to take care of him but I don't expect a full babysitting session again just like Alec and Izzy took care of Max. Probably a character used to balance the age gaps between characters. And by that I mean that it wouldn't be normal for all TID characters to have all their kids in the same age, from 17-19. Some must be older as for Charles, Baravara and Eugenia and some really young as for Alexander and probably the unnamed Fairchild sisters (they could be actually any age but 17-19 and not older than 25 since Charles is the eldest of all Fairchild kids).

Author's Note: How handsome is he in the flower card? My little baby, he needs to be protected at all costs. Sorry for not posting at so long but I was really busy. That's why you get a bonus Lightwood!

Next chapter: Tomas Lightwood

Tumblr: findyourherondale