Tomas Lightwood

spoiler alert: there might be some LADY MIDNIGHT SPOILERS below, so if you haven't read it yet I suggest you don't read the chapter below yet.

Tomas Lightwood while younger faced some health problems, this was the main reason why he was sent back home from the Shadowhunter Academy. As a character he is shy, a little bit of social-anxious. His older sisters usually boss him around and that's why he needs some space to relax (some time to be alone). In his group of friends he is the one who grounds them. 

This character reminds me a lot of Alec Lightwood in the Mortal Instruments series and  I wander if he is going to share the sexuality preference too. As for a love interest there are no female candidates, that we know of, that can be his love interest. In my mind he and Matthew Fairchild might end up being together. Again Matthew and James are highly unlikely to be a thing (TLH and TDA are loosely based they won't share the same plotline- the parabatai curse). Also James has a hell of a complicated love triangle going on. Matthew is someone confident, the centre of attention, the exact oposite of Tomas. They are quite suited for each other and there is rumored to be a gay couple in The Last Hours. I bet that it would be them.

However it is likely that his love interest may show up later on the series or he may be edited/rewritten. Cassandra Clare confirmed that she hasn't completed any TLH book yet. Let alone the editing that is being done later on the drafts. So don't be dissapointed if none of the speculations about the story actually happen (just like Jules' smoking habit being erased).

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but Tomas is a secondary character that we were not given much information for.

But regards the Arranged Wedding that will happen during the course of series, I believe that it is going to happen on some gay/lesbian character who is too afraid to come out, just like the wedding happening on the Shadowhunters show with Alec. Especially considering the era that The Last Hours is based on, with tons of homophobic people and judgment.
Anna Lightwood would kick some ass if someone forced her to marry someone, so she won't be that one. Comment who you believe that they are going to be the arranged people to get married. (remember Cassandra Clare pointed out that they are not James and Cordelia).

You can ask me anything you want on tumblr: findyourherondale