Lucie Herondale

About Lucie Herondale. She is certainly going to develop some sort of power, but she hasn't discovered it yet when The Last Hours begin. It is something she wanders about. James' ability to turn into a shadow is somewhat similar to what Tessa does (shapeshifting). I suppose that Lucie's ability will have something to do with a change in her form. Tessa changes her body into someone else, James into a shadow. Then again no warlock had children before so we can't be sure whether their abilities are a hereditary characteristic and that's why they are similar or it was just a coincidence and Lucie's power will be something else completely.

She's going to be parabatai during the series and what she is wandering about is the mystery surrounding Jesse Blackthorn's death. We know that he is her love interest and that he died. Generally her personal life is very messed up. Her brother will be suicidal and Tatiana Blackthorn won't be at all pleased about her and Jesse, especially since she loathes all Herondales.

Generally Lucie remains a character that we have only a little information about. We've learnt about her as a person, but we don't know about her actions in the series alongside her relationships with Cordelia and Jesse. Cassandra Clare prefered not to reveal many facts or snippets with Lucie in action because they are spoilery. That could be a good thing as she is having lots of stuff going on in her life and CC wanted us to be all surprised about them.

Will would rather she marries Alastair Carstairs when she grows up. That is definitely not going to happen and Will won't be one of those parents who force their children to do anything. And then again Alastair was really prejudiced over James' warlock heritage and later his gift, so he will possibly treat Lucie the same way. These two can't be interested in each other. Cordelia is not too close with her brother so again Lucie and him won't spend much time together.

Another theory over Lucie's ability is that she will be the one who brings Jesse back to life. He could be wandering around as a ghost and Lucie starts questioning his death. We know that Will can see ghosts and Cassandra Clare said that this ability of his will be important in The Last Hours. So Lucie is likely to see and talk to ghosts too. If she brings Tatiana's son back to life her loathing over Herondales can be dismissed. If this turn out to be her ability we can be sure that she'll have to deal a lot with the Clave. I don't suppose they'll be thrilled about it.

I imagine her somewhat like Cecily Herondale. Really perpetual, nosy cheerful but really sweet and romantic too.

Author's note: Don't forget to vote for each chapter. Next character will be either James Herondale or Anna Lightwood.

Feel free to comment your ideas and I'll answer to every comment.

Tumblr: findyourherondale