16

They were laying on Minji's huge bed, huddled under the blanket watching some movies on TV. The light from the screen illuminated their faces. Hanni's eyes were glued to the screen, but she wasn't paying attention to the movie. Instead she was on alert, listening to Minji's breathing, worrying about her.

Tonight was the first time she has seen her, really seen her, bare of all of her defenses. That was her Minji, this wounded and abandoned girl. At this moment Hanni wanted nothing more but to confess her love. Her heart was betraying her feelings, as it would speed up every time she thought about it. However, Hanni was aware that now was not the time, Minji was too vulnerable and springing something like this on her might have a counter effect.

For the time being, Hanni was satisfied just laying here with her, rubbing her back soothingly, and feeling the light pressure of Minji's head on her chest. Minji was quiet, and Hanni knew it wasn't because she was engrossed in the movie. Maybe it was wrong, but Hanni was morbidly happy at this moment.

She moved under Minji slightly to stand up, when Minji's body stiffened. She turned her head towards Hanni, her eyes puffy from crying. Her gaze held fear, and sadness, and most of all a plea, plea not to be left alone. Hanni stopped in her tracks, her eyes meeting Minji's pleading ones. The brunette reached out, caressing Minji's cheek.

"Hey, I was just going to call my parents to tell them I am staying over." Hanni smiled at the raven-haired soothingly. "That is, if you want me to?" she quietly added, suddenly unsure of her actions.

Minji just nodded at her, relief visibly washing over her face. Hanni jumped off the bed, dialing her home number. She peered back at Minji, seeing a small smile playing on the other girl's lips.

Her parents agreed to her staying without even asking too many details. Hanni was happy to have such understanding parents. They trusted her and that was the most important thing. She turned back towards the raven-haired woman who had her head propped on her elbow, following Hanni's movements with her eyes.

"Hey unnie, can I have some sweat pants and a shirt please?" she asked the raven-haired, who snorted quietly at the words.

"Honey please, you know that there's no place for this type of clothing in my closet." Hanni rolled her eyes at the raven-haired, but she really wanted to smile. It seems Minji is still Minji after all.

The raven-haired jumped from her bed, opening a huge closet. After some rummaging she tossed some sort of a fancy night gown at Hanni.

"What is this?" Hanni wrinkled her nose in distaste, "l can't wear this, come on unnie?" she approached the closet, peering in trying to find something that would suit her more.

"What do you mean?" Minji raised her eyebrow at Hanni. "This is an exquisite nightgown."

"But it doesn't seem comfortable at all. I always wear sweatpants around my apartment." Hanni pouted.

It was Minji's turn to roll her eyes now. "Okay, let me see if I can find something more to your.. taste." she waved her hand up and down Hanni's body while wrinkling her nose.

Hanni had to admit she was amazed by the spaciousness of Minji's closet, and the sheer amount of designer clothes. After some lengthy rummaging, Minji finally fished out a pair of sweatpants. "There you are, you.. ugly thing." She also grabbed some plain white T-shirt and handed it to Hanni.

Quickly changing in front of Minji, because there was really nothing to hide, Hanni sighed contently. Plucking the nightgown between her thumb and index finger she handed it back to Minji.

"Do you want some tea?" Minji asked after returning the gown in the closet.

"Sure, I'll come with you." Hanni grabbed Minji's hand, pulling her downstairs.