20

"Minji you're an idiot." Minji whispered to herself, wiping her tears away. Grabbing her purse from the table hastily she exited the room.

She looked left and right trying to spot Hanni. Where did she go? Minji thought in panic. She was still in shock at what just transpired in that room.

At one moment everything was perfect, and in the next everything went to the gutter, ironically enough thanks to her own stupidity. How the hell could I do that, and think that wouldn't hurt her. Idiot, she cussed mentally.

Minji rummaged through her purse searching for her phone. Unlocking it, she dialed Hanni's number, but it sent her straight to the voicemail. Groaning in frustration, she went inside the ballroom, where the party was slowly winding down.

She looked for Hanni, but she was nowhere to be seen. Disregarding that she was not supposed to be seen with Hanni or looking around for her, she went straight to her friend Hyein, who was sitting with some people. Hyein wrinkled her nose in disgust when she noticed Minji.

"Where's Hanni?" the raven-haired woman demanded sternly. Hyein stiffened in her seat, obviously taken aback that Minji was actually acknowledging her and even talking to her.

"I haven't seen her." Hyein furrowed her brows in confusion. Hyein gave her a look over, noticing that the raven-haired looked particularly distracted, and panicked, and so not herself.

"What do you want with her anyways?" she asked Minji sharply, with a hint of genuine curiosity in her voice.

"None of your business." Minji answered coldly, turning on her heel and leaving a confused and annoyed Hyein staring after her.

She sent a couple of texts to Hanni, apologizing and asking her to talk. Nothing. She tried calling her again. Nothing.

She felt tears prickling at the back of her eyes again. She bit her lip hard trying to compose herself. She didn't want anyone to see her in this state of mind. She went to run her hands through her hair just realizing that her hair was still pulled up in an immaculate bun.

Getting annoyed with it, she unclasped the clips, letting her hair fall free down her back. She got ready for this night with so much care, wanting to leave Hanni speechless. She wanted to do something nice for Hanni, to show her she cared, but in the end she managed to ruin everything somehow. "Idiot." she muttered to herself again.

This was one of the rare moments in life when Minji felt completely helpless. She slumped against the wall, closing her eyes, the warmth of Hanni's lips and her comforting smell still lingering on her skin. Dull ache in her chest only intensified, causing her to clench fists in despair.

Digging her nails in her palms, and gritting her teeth hard, she didn't manage to keep the tears at bay. Streaming freely down her cheeks, Minji thought of Hanni's words.

Was she about to tell me she.. loved me? Minji asked herself, the realization of the magnitude of the damage she caused, elicited a heart-wrenching sob from her throat. Biting her knuckles to avert the emotional pain, she pushed away from the wall and ran towards the exit, her heels clicking on the polished floor.

Not paying attention to her surroundings, she collided with someone on her way out. Steadying her by her shoulders, the guy was about to apologize until he noticed who he collided with.

"You." Jiwon spat, increasing his grip on Minji's shoulders.

Minji wiped her tears quickly, trying to wriggle from his grasp. "Let me go."

"No. What did you do to her?" Jiwon hissed at Minji, his jaw clenched in anger.

"What are you talking about?"