ChApTeR 9

Todoroki started the race by sending a wave of ice across the floor trapping anyone who hadn't seen it coming in time. However, the ice formed a circle right around Aoi about an inch wide in diameter. As she moved forward, the same thing happened everywhere she put her leg.

"How is she doing that?" exclaimed some of the other first-year students.

Aoi just smirked and ran forward. As lazy as she was, she still needed to show everyone who they were dealing with. Looking forward, she saw that Todoroki had frozen two robots so he could make it across. Unfortunately for others, he had frozen it at an angle so that no one else could pass through it without it collapsing on them.

The robots suddenly fell and all was still for a while. Until one, no wait, two heads popped up from the robots.

"If it was someone other than us with a different quirk, you might have killed them," Kirishima had been under the robots when they fell.

He and the silver boy then proceeded to make their way over to the next stage of the challenge. His explosive highness, Bakugo blasted his way over the robots easily.

"Everyone is making their way through this challenge with ease. I can't be left behind," Aoi said to herself

And with that, she yanked a piece of metal from the robot and hopped on it. She then used her quirk to pick it up from the ground and rode on it just like a hoverboard over the robots. 

Grinning, she continues to float on her piece of metal over to the next obstacle, the fall. Looking down, Aoi sees some narrow ropes suspended over a cavern so deep one can't even see the bottom.

"Thank God I can float over it with my quirk," Aoi said thankfully as she zoomed over the obstacle.

Upon getting to the next obstacle, she saw Todoroki and Bakugo fighting in front and some others cautiously walking over the minefield so as not to get blown up.

"Ugh! I've got to hurry up," she sighed as she picked up the pace.

When she got to where Todoroki and Bakugo were fighting, she suddenly got blasted off her piece of metal. 

"What the hell was that," she shouted, "I was about to get ahead."

"Exactly," Todoroki deadpans.

"Whatever. I'm not going let you two bozos get in my way of winning," she said as she ran to the side, away from them.

Using her quirk to detect where the minefields were, she sidestepped and jumped over the minefields. She could see the finish line in the distance all she had to do was just...

A loud boom sounded out. Aoi froze and turned around to look. Had one of those bombs been real?

A shout was heard from the pink glitter cloud and... Midoriya? came flying out of it on a large scrap of metal.

"Copycat," Aoi murmured under her breath as she resumed her journey to the finish line.

She couldn't let that piece of broccoli beat her. So she ran faster. 

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see that Midoriya had landed on Bakugo and Todoroki. He then used them as further propulsion to make his way to the finish line.

Groaning inwardly Aoi ran faster only to reach the finish line in fourth place.

"All that hard work for nothing," she thought as she kicked a pebble across the grass.

I guess I'll have to prove how good I am in the next round.

Everyone gathered together once again in the centre of the field for the next game to be announced by Midnight. 

"Next we have the calvary battle!" Midnight announced and began to explain the rules.

Aoi zoned out for most of the explanation but manage to grasp the basics: Wear headbands, get headbands, don't fall. Easy.

"Your points will be decided by your positions in the obstacle race," Midnight continued, "Midoriya Izuku in the first position will have 10 million points." 

With that, all eyes looked at Midoriya like he was the last pop-tart on the shelf.

Suddenly I wasn't feeling too bothered about not being first in the obstacle course.