𝒙𝒙𝒊. a piece of cake

YOU ARE IN LOVE,  olivia rodrigo

YOU ARE IN LOVE, olivia rodrigo.
chapter twenty one, 𝖺 𝗉𝗂𝖾𝖼𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝖼𝖺𝗄𝖾!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARLEY!"

With a large smile, Marley swayed in her seat as she listened to her friends and family singing. In front of her a large purple cake stood, with candles resembling the numbers '19' burned brightly in the middle of it.

"Happy birthday to you!" As the song came to its end, large cheers and clapping filled the room, causing Marley to laugh loudly before blowing out her candles.

As she did so, Spencer popped a confetti canon from behind her, causing almost everyone in the room to jump in fear and some even scream.

But as a mix of purple, silver and light blue confetti pieces flew its way towards the room, the loud cheering resumed. Shaking her head in amusement, Marley bit her lip as her eyes wandered across the room.

Of course it didn't take long before they connected with the familiar and warm dark brown ones, that seemed to show a feeling of happiness in them. Marley blinked as Olivia sent her a soft, joyful smile. And suddenly it felt like the whole room fell into slow motion.

The cheering became an echo, and Marley's surroundings faded into blurred figures. It was like Marley and Olivia were the only people in the universe. The longer they stared at one another, the slower everything went. It was like a scene from a romcom.

Even though the look on Olivia's face mirrored a look of glee, there's was something else hiding behind it. Marley was sure of it. After all she could read the Rodrigo girl like an open book. Every look or expression Olivia owned, Marley knew. It was one of the few things she picked up while being in love with the brunette.