𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. a punch to the gut

YOU ARE IN LOVE,  olivia rodrigo

chapter twenty six, 𝖺 𝗉𝗎𝗇𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗎𝗍!

IRIS APATOW OBSERVES HER BEST FRIEND with a knowing look in her eyes

Olivia's gaze is stuck on a certain person, and has been the whole night. Which haven't gone unnoticed by her friends who've been exchanging smirks and glances during the whole dinner.

Across the room, Marley is giggling with Jessie as they cling onto each others arms. In front of them stands Jessie's boyfriend Chris, trying to order the correct desserts the group have chosen individually.

"Continue staring like that and someone might think you're in love with the girl." The brunette clears her throat awkwardly as her staring gets cut short due her friend's interruption.

"What?" She looks around the table. To her right, Madison sits with a teasing smile as she trades looks with Conan who is seated in front of her. He mirrors the same facial expression as their friend.

Seated beside Conan, Iris is smirking. "You've been ogling Marley the entire night, Liv," She states.

Olivia lets out a snort as she laughs loudly and awkwardly, heat rising to her cheeks. "No," She shakes her head. "I've been admiring her."

"Same shit," Iris argues. "What's going on between you two?" The girl questions raising her brows, Conan nods in agreement as if he's wondering the same thing.

When they don't receive a response from Olivia right away, Madison chimes in. "Ever since her birthday the air between you shifted," Iris nods eagerly as she points a finger at Madison. "I was just about to say the same thing."

"Nothing!" Olivia quickly denies. "Nothings going on. And nothing happened on her birthday. Okay?"

"You sure? Because you're staring says otherwise. I mean it's the same look you used to give Jason," Conan pushes further. He groans when Iris elbows him in the ribs. "Right, sorry! We don't mention his name!" He corrects himself when he receives the same look from the table.