Chapter 31

Donna was beyond terrified. She kept calling your name, shaking you senseless, but nothing. Your body started to turn into a white dust before braking apart and seeping into the ground.

Donna screamed. She screamed her heart out. Angie stood beside Donna, trying to comfort her the best she could. Donna was heart broken. She couldn't feel you anymore, she couldn't sense you anymore.

You were gone.

Mother Miranda came barreling into the room and ask what happened. However, once Mother Miranda saw that you were gone, she knew what had happened. Mother Miranda put her hand over her mouth while her mind was fully processing what has happened.

Donna's crying got loud as did her screaming.

"Who?" Mother Miranda asked.

Angie turned to Mother Miranda. "The guy behind all of this mess. Charles Newton. He stabbed Y/n with the dagger that Alcina kept hidden away."

"Donna." Mother Miranda said softly, placing her hand on Donna's shoulder. "Everything will be okay. I promise. But we need to focus on killing that son of a bitch."

Donna suddenly became deathly silent. It honestly made Mother Miranda a bit nervous. Without a word, Donna stood up on her feet, picking up Angie in the process and walked out of the room. Mother Miranda followed Donna who went outside to where Alcina was who was on the floor, bleeding.

"Alcina!?" Mother Miranda screamed running over to Alcina.

"I-I'm okay." Alcina breathed out.

"Well, well, well. I'm impressed that she survived the poison. I guess her regenerative abilities are strong."

Everyone snapped their heads over to the voice to see the Charles Newton.

"You." Donna said lowly.

"Me?" Charles Newton said smugly. "Is Donna Beneviento upset that I killed her girlfriend that was a royal pain in my ass? Constantly getting in my way and saving all of you? I should have killed her sooner. My mistake."

Donna was pissed. She wanted to kill him, see the blood and life leave his pathetic body.

"Well, I know that Alcina is too weak to fight and the same is with Miranda. And Donna is useless without Y/n." Charles Newton said.

"Why?" Mother Miranda asked.

"Why what?" Charles Newton asked.

"Why are you doing all of this?"

Charles Newton let out a maniac like laugh. "Why? Do you really not know why? Oh my God!"

Charles seemed to be pissed off beyond belief. "I'm doing all of this because of what you, Miranda and Y/n's father did to my family!"

"What?" Mother Miranda was genuinely confused, but then after a moment... it hit her. It was twenty-five years ago.

"Carmen and David Newton. You are being sentenced to death for assault on the Amato's. Just because you have a disagreement, does not mean you light the house on fire and put everyone in the village in danger. On top of that, you are also being held accountable for treason."

A small child Charles Newton was watching as Mother Miranda took his parents. Silently, Charles followed them and watching Mother Miranda kill them with the mold like powers that she possessed.

From that day forward, without proper understanding, like he would even listen in the first place, Charles Newton vowed to kill Mother Miranda and the Lords. And he made it a personal mission to kill the entire Amato family for lightning the first candle.

Mother Miranda came too and was baffled at what the reason behind Charles motives was.

"Are you serious right now? You are defending your family that started the whole argument with Y/n's family? They threatened to kill innocent people and put others in danger? They were reckless with that decision! You don't know the full story." Mother Miranda growled.

"I don't need to know the full story. You took my parents away from me at such a young age! And the bitch and her family lit the first flame!"

Mother Miranda knew that there was no way that Charles would listen to reason, listen to the truth.

"I've planned this for so long. I was carefully planning this and now I can finish what I fucking started." Charles pointed a gun dripping with green liquid. "And when I'm done with you three, I'm going for the last two Lords."

Anger filled Donna to the brim, but even she knew that there was nothing she could do without you and your powers. And she knew that Mother Miranda and Alcina were in no shape to fight. There was one thought in Donna's mind, one good thing to actually come out of this.

If Charles were to kill her, she would be with you. In life and in death. Even though you two weren't married, Donna lived by the vows that two people promise each other.

Donna had intended to propose to you after this whole mess was over. A sting of sadness struck Donna's heart. She would never get to propose to you and she desperately want to hear your voice in her head. She wanted to be holding you in her final moments. Donna hugged Angie as she braced herself for the fate she believed that she was destined to have.

Charles pulled the trigger, the first bullet missing because of his blind rage and horrible aim. But he collected himself again and aimed at Donna first. Before Charles could pull the trigger, a vine shot up from the ground, knocking the gun out of his hand.

Mother Miranda grabbed Alcina and pulled her to Donna and Angie.

"What the hell!" Charles yelled in frustration.

More vines came from the ground as they formed a ball of thorny vines. Everyone watched as the vines started to sprout yellow flowers and then one giant yellow flower. The giant flower pulsed with the vines as the cadou pushed through and then a mist started to form.

The top of the flower spewed out a yellow mist before the flowr pod opened the reveal and humanoid figure that was covered in thorny vines with a few yellow ones continued to the yellow flowers on its body. The creatures eyes were yellow and dripping a familiar yellow liquid on the floor.

Everyone couldn't believe their eyes but Donna could feel the very familiar feeling. She was almost speechless but was able to utter out a few words.

"Y/n? Is it really you?"