Chapter 33 The Wedding

You weren't going to lie to yourself, but you felt a bit overwhelmed. This, after all, was your big day. The day that you were going to marry Donna and take her last name. You expected to be rushed around but what stressed you out the most was everyone running around like mad.

You were very concerned that people were going to run into each other and have the possibility to break or spill something. You were thankful that Mother Miranda and Alcina took charge so you didn't have to worry about telling people to do this and that. The same with Donna. You don't want her to have to worry about anything other than getting ready.

You were currently sitting in a chair that was in Lady Dimitrescu's room, with two maids doing your hair. There were a few other maids getting your black suit around and shoes. After a few moments went by, Lady Dimitrescu came into a room with a make-up bag in her hand.

"How are you feeling?" Alcina asked as she set up her make-up kit.

You nodded slightly, trying not to mess up your hair that the maids worked hard to do. Alcina smiled at you before clapping her hands to dismiss the maids doing your hair.

Alcina crouched down to your level and began doing your make-up. You watched her reflection in the mirror as she did you mascara, eye shadow and eyeliner. Alcina placed her finger under your chin and lifted your head up slightly. The small pokes of the brush tickled your face as Alcina put on some blush.

Alcina looked you over and with a nod she seemed pleased with the outcome of her handiwork.

"I'll leave you to get dressed. If needed, don't be shy to motion one of the maids to help you."

Alcina left you to get dressed and you did just fine getting dressed on your own. A maid did help straighten your bow and the Beneviento House Crest was all aligned. You looked at the time and had a few minutes to get yourself together. Your heart was beating like crazy and you were nervous.

Want seemed like hours, you were still trying to calm yourself. A gentle knock on the door made you jump out of your skin. Alcina then let herself in.

"Are you ready dear? Donna is almost ready and you need to be out there before she walks down the isle."

You swallowed the lump in your throat and nodded. Alcina lead you outside into the courtyard where everything was set up. White lace covering the dark sky, white and black flowers lining the walkway. Mother Miranda stood in front of you as you stood the side of her.

"Are you ready?" Mother Miranda asked turning to you.

You nodded, shuddering slightly. Mother Miranda chuckled seeing your nervousness. "Everything will be alright dear. I promise you. Donna is way more nervous than you are and I'm sure you already know why."

Yeah, you knew very well. This was the first true relationship Donna had ever been in and you were the only person that never lef her side.

The wind blew slightly as the wind got a bit chilly. The clouds looked like they were going to pour out a river of rain any minute. Ever then got really silent as everyone was sitting down in thier chairs. Your head turned to the isle to see Donna walking down with Karl next to her side.

Her white dress was decorated with flowers and small dimensions. Her white veil gently blowing behind her as she came closer to the front. You could feel how nervous she was as she got closer. You smiled gently as she got up to you and now stood in front of you. Karl then went to take his seat next Angie.

Mother Miranda asked Donna to go ahead and say what she wanted to say. Donna swallowed as you saw her shoulders tense.

"Y/n, from the moment I met you, I saw you as a friend. In all my years I didn't think that it would go beyond that. We had a few bumps along the way and the moment your life was in danger, is when I realized that I truly loved you but couldn't accept it. You are the only one to stay by me, to accept me for who I truly am and walking with me through everything."

Tears started to gently fall down Donna's face.

"You are my everything. My lover, my friend and my other half. You are my safe space, you arms the barrier and you heart the lullaby to soothe me. I make this promise to stay by your side, to never leave you. To be there when you need me most. I love you Y/n and nothing will ever change. You are the love of my life."

Donna's crying increased slightly. You smiled and took Donna's hands. You wanted to kiss Donna right then and there. The urge to kiss her was unbearable and it got stronger as she put the ring on your finger and you did the same. You were chewing the inside of your check as anticipation consumed you.

Mother Miranda cleared her throat. "Donna, do you take Y/n to be your wife till death do you part?"

"I do."

"Y/n," Mother Miranda said turning to you. "Do you take Donna to be your wife, sharing the title and the responsibility of House Beneviento till death do you part?"

You nodded. "I do." Your voice gently echoed in Donna's head.

"You may kiss the bride!"

You pulled Donna into as you pulled her into a deep kiss.

"Welcome the member of House Beneviento!" Mother Miranda shouted.

Everyone was clapping and cheering and chanting Long live House Beneviento. As you both were kissing, it started to rain gently. You didn't mind and neither did Donna as she held the back of your head to keep you in the kiss.

When you parted, the both of you faced the people there for the two of you. After the ceremony was the dinner party that Alcina set up and planned. Donna got changed back into her usual outfit. You on the other hand, you got a custom made outfit from Donna herself.

A black suit adorned with gold and the Beneviento Crest embedded into the fabric above your chest on the left side. You couldn't help but wonder how Donna made this without you knowing about it. You went ahead and got changed and went out to take your seat next to Donna.

"You look lovely in that. Do you like it?"

You could hear the slight nervousness in Donna's voice. You nodded at her and placed her hand in yours. Donna let out a small sigh of relief. As you two ate, Mother Miranda slid an envelope to you and Donna.

Donna shifted in her chair uncontrollably, in fear of what was inside the envelope.

"Nothing to worry about Donna." Mother Miranda said quietly. "It's my gift to you two."

You held the envelope in you hand, hesitant on opening it.

"Go on." Mother Miranda urged.

Your fingers made contact with the seal and gently pulled it off. You took out the  a few sheets of paper and two booklets. Your eyes scanned the sheet of paper and after a moment of reading, your eyes widened.

"What is it?" Donna asked leaning over to read it as well. A small gasp came from Donna as she took the papers from you.

"Why?" Donna suddenly asked.

"Why?" Mother Miranda repeated. "Because I figured that you two would want to go to where your roots started. Not to mention it want to give my first married child a wonderful gift."

"Is it really okay if we leave the village? To go to Italy...?"

"Donna." Mother Miranda said sternly. "Y/n will be with you. I know you will be safe for a week."

"Thank you, mother." Donna whispered.

Mother Miranda smiled and went back to eating. You held onto the papers and passports until you got home where you sat them on Donna's desk in her study. You felt Donna calling you outside. You figured it was to watch the shooting starts.

You took a seat next to Donna and she rested her head on your shoulder. You couldn't be more happier, especially spending your honeymoon in Italy of all places. You remember your father telling you stories about Italy and you never got tired of them.

You saw something out of the corner you your eye and when you turned to look, your heart stopped. You saw images of your parents looking at you with the biggest smile. They were holding each other. Both of your parents nodded at you before disappearing.

Donna pulled you back as she snuggled into you more, making images of you wedding flash into your mind. You were looking forward to this trip. Even after everything that happened, you wouldn't trade it for the world.