Hunt, pt.1

WARNINGS: man, this was stressful to write and even more stressful to read.

"Why are you call-"

"WHERE ARE YOU??" Bakugou yelled from the other side of the line, making her heart miss a beat and forget completely that she was about to scold him for calling her without warning.

"what? I just got home, I did some grocery-"

"GET OUT OF THERE (Y/N)" he stopped hermid-sentence, sounding frantic, "THE HEROS ARE ON THE WAY TO RAID DABI'S APARTMENT"

"Wait WHAT? How do they even-"

"It doesn't matter right now (Y/N) just leave I don't know how much time there is!!"

Her mind went blank and she looked around helplessly.

How did they even find the place?

What about Dabi? He's gone but he said he'll come back soon. What if-

"(Y/N)!! Are you listening to me? LEAVE EVERYTHING AND GET OUT NOW" Bakugou yelled and shook her back to reality. She left the groceries on the counter, took her bag with her identifications and valuables and left the apartment, her mind still struggling to comprehend what was happening. She didn't know if it was fear taking over her but every sound coming from the street that sounded remotely like a siren made her heart drop.

"where are you now?" Bakugou asked after a few minutes of waiting on the line and listening, much more calmly, probably not wanting to startle her even more in such a situation.

"I'm a few blocks away...Bakugou are you sure this is true?" she asked quietly.

"where exactly? I'll come pick you up, don't stay in the street in case they will search around the neighborhood, get into some building until I get there"

"Bakugou. How do you know they are coming?" she repeated.

"They held up a rushed meeting in the UA, they said they found the location of the villain named Dabi. I don't know how, but I know that they're coming to take him down. I don't want you to be in the middle-"

He said he will come back soon. What if he comes right when they do? I have to warn him.

"I'll call you back"

"Wait, (Y/N) don't-"

She momentarily hung up the call and dialed Touya.

"We're sorry, The number you have called is not in service at this time"

No no no no

"we're sorry, the number you have called-"

This can't be happening

"we're sorr-"

She stared at the phone, her mind scattered all over the place, trying to find a solution for this impossible situation she was trapped in. Touya's phone is disconnected while their apartment is being targeted. The best case scenario will be that Touya just had his phone off but he noticed her rushed leave and left to look for her, that way he won't be captured. The worst case...For a moment she contemplated if she should just go back there and try to not get caught while looking for Touya, and if they already got to him first, try and get him out of it. But in all honestly, after the raid that the heroes made in the League of villains' hideout, she was dreadfully certain that they stood no chance.

She looked up and realized her safest bet is go on the rooftop and try to get a better view of the situation. She ran up the flights of stairs, barely catching her breath in between and forcing herself to keep going, the adrenaline rushing through her veins as her mind showed her multiple scenarios of how everything could go wrong. It felt as if no matter how hard the two tried, there was always an unexpected threat in every corner, like they were always on survival mode and could never catch a break. Now, even their home and safe haven was compromised and if she isn't lucky, both of them will be in danger as well. Suddenly, she felt the phone vibrating in her hand and she picked up immediately, barely breathing out a panicked "Touya??" into the phone while slowing down her running to catch her breath and refocus.