Lab Rats part 2

I'm sorry for not updating anything ;-; I lost all my will to write and felt like everything turns out shitty so i preferred to wait until it was over~
tbh I dont think this chapter is one of my best works but I will try to get better for the next chapters.
WARNINGS: DEATH
GORE
IMPRISONMENT
KIDS (a CHILD- if you get it you get it)

*********************************************

"Dabi, no" you whispered and grabbed his sleeve before he could step out of your cover.

He turned to look at you sharply and you got closer to him and whispered in his ear, "we cant allow ourselves to be seen until we figure out where they hold the kids, your quirk will draw attention to us, let's wait till they finish their patrol in this area"

After thinking for a moment, Dabi nodded to you and motioned you to go deeper into the hiding spot the two of you found. You felt yourself holding your breath as the flashlight strobe passed by you, and Dabi tightened his grip on your hand to remind you he will protect you no matter what.

The guards were diligent in their patrol but not enough to spot the two intruders that finally left their hiding place and sneaked their way farther into the facility.

Obviously, there were no signs that point to where everything is, but thanks to Dabi's contact, you two had a fair idea on where to look for the "experiment subjects". it was horrifying really, that the government that is supposed to help and protect these children is actually treating them as property or tools to be used, and not as humans.

"watch my back" Dabi whispered to you as he went on and checked the doors at the corridor one by one. Most of the rooms were offices or storage rooms, some were meeting rooms and the rest testing areas. The two of you passed the rooms one by one until you reached a large lab. It was bigger than the testing rooms and Had restraining equipment as well as a large metal door at the back of it. slowly closing the door behind you, you unlocked the heavy bunker-like door and stepped into a dark room. Dabi lit up a small flame in his hand and with the other guided you to walk right behind him. it had empty cells at first, which only confirmed your suspicion that you've reached your destination, and more concerning was that next to the left wall there was a row of wheelchairs and stretchers. They all looked ruggy like they are being used a lot, and some had visible dark stains on them, and you forced yourself not to think about what it probably was.

How many people have been in this place? How many kids? For how long this cruelty is going on? The place was looking modern and simple on the inside but the building itself looked fairly old-approximately 30 years by the looks of it. how many have suffered and died here for the sake of "research"? the thought sickened you.

Each of the cells had nothing but a thin mattress laid on the floor and a bucket. There was a lock on each one although you thought they didn't even have to use that, since most of their "cases" would be too hurt or tired to even try and escape- it was a hellhole which the only escape from it was death.

By the looks of some of the examination rooms, it was more that plausible that even after death, their bodies were torn apart and examined thoroughly, not even getting a proper burial.

A shiver went down your spine the more you thought about it and for the sake of the mission you decided to put these thoughts aside and focus on the rescue.

It seems like the "newer specimen" were placed in the back and the older ones in the front, as the two passed by the cages, some were occupied by men and women, all unconscious on the bed and looking rugged and almost lifeless. the next few cages held people that either were unconscious or facing the wall, mumbling to themselves or not responding at all, product of the long experimentation on them.