30

MAYA

I ran into the hospital and past the desk. I didn't care for checking in nor asking where he was. I followed my gut instinct and ended up seeing Dd down the hallway. 

He stood there with blood shot eyes like he's been crying for days. Sitting behind him was Ddot who cried in Melz arms. I walked over to them.

"Dd?" I asked quietly.

He looked up at me and shook his head. I opened my arms for a hug, and he ran right into them. He busted out into more tears which made my throat tighten up. My eyes started to sting.

"I got you Osama. It's going to be alright" Tears fell down my cheeks. On the inside, I was screaming. I wanted to yell at the top of my lungs and cry. But I couldn't do that in front of everyone. 

He hugged me tightly and sniffled. I didn't hear anymore crying.

"Maya if you want to go see him, go ahead ml" Melz said in a low and sad tone.

I nodded as Dd let me go. I then went up to the room. I was debating on having someone come with me but I just walked right in.

I saw him with tubes connect to himself and blood on the sheet.

 I covered my mouth in shock.

"Tf they did to you nigga?" I may not sound serious- but this is how I react in bad situations like this.

Obviously, I got no reply. Just the sound of his heart monitor beeping.

"He can hear you. He just can't respond. I shouldn't be telling you this but.. we aren't 100% sure he's going to make it..." the nurse placed her hand on my shoulder.

"What you mean?" I turned to her. 

"There's not even a 50% chance he will survive" her voice cracked. 

My throat got even tighter. I looked at him as she walked out of the room.

"There should be no reason yo dumbass is in this bed Ethan." I joked as I cried.

I grabbed his hand. It was cold. I felt him tighten his grip.

"I should've let you meet up w me at the mall. Then you wouldn't be here. I am so fucking sorry" I let loose. I cried on top of him.

"Notti nigga I love your ass so much. You ain't ready to leave this world mh" I went on and on. 

I silently cried for a few minutes.

" I know you're going to be watching over us all. And don't worry. I'll take care of Dd. I'm going to miss you. I hope everything goes well. We need you here." I kissed his cheek. Then out of nowhere, the monitor went flat...

"Notti?!" I lowkey freaked out. I saw his head fall.

"Notti no!!" I cried. I pressed the button for the doctor and nurses to come. After a few seconds they came running and forced me out of the room.

When they slammed the door in my face, I turned to look at everyone behind me.

Tay, Malcom, Dd, Ddot and Melz just stared at me.

"Um... he's uh... gone" I wiped my eyes. 

Melz let out a loud scream and Dd walked away. Ddot shook his head and wailed. 

"Maya..." Malcom came and hugged me. So did Tay.

"I'm fine" I lied.

"You're not" Tay responded. I held in all my tears as they let me go.