Where it all started

Athena's pov

Dude why is my life so messed up? What did I even do to deserve this messed up life of mine? Why bro? Whyyyy???

Your probably wondering 'what is she talking about?' So let me back up a little.

Hi, my name is Athena Lila Romero. I am 17 years old. I am currently living with my best friends Amelia, Louis and Claire. We have known each other since we were 8 years old. We have been through so much together. I consider them my family.

Right now it is 5:07am and I woke up from a nightmare. I have been having nightmares for about a year now and I absolutely hate it with every atom in my body because they remind me things that I rather forget.

I get up and get out of bed because I know I am not getting anymore sleep tonight but at least I got more that 4 hours of sleep today.

I walk in my bathroom wash my face and brush my teeth. Then walk to the closet to put on some workout clothes on.

After I am done getting changed I walk down stairs to the kitchen and grab a bottle of water and a granola bar. Then make my way to the gym while picking a playlist for my workout.

After spending 2 hours in the gym I was finally done working out for today. It was now 7:15am.

On my way back to my room I ran into Louis who just woke up and walked out of his room. His hair was very messy and he was wearing sponge bob pajamas.

"Good morning Lu."

"Morning. Why are you up so early?" Louis asked.

"Nightmare"

"Oh"

I walked in my room and took a shower. Letting all the memories wash away under the warm water. I stood I front of the mirror looking at my scars and tattoos. When the one on my left collarbone caught my attention. My eyes get watery as I remember all the memories which reminded me of him.

I look away not wanting to remember and walk to my closet and pick my outfit for today.

Her outfit ^

Her outfit ^

After getting changed I walked back to the kitchen since I am starving. As I walk in I smell waffles. My favorite.

"Hey lil" Claire said while getting orange juice from the fridge.

"Hey lair" I said as I sat down.

"How did u sleep?" Amelia asked.

"Not so good. Had another nightmare." I said.

Louis passed me my morning coffee while Amelia passed the plate of waffles.

We finished our breakfast and headed to school. Amelia and Claire were riding with me since they didn't want to drive and Louis rode his bike or as he likes to call it his 'baby'.

We got to school late since Claire wanted to get Starbucks on the way. Now as we get out of the car, we put our cold faces on and walk towards our class. We all have our first class together and it's Spanish.

Claire kicks the door open and the whole class goes quiet.

The teacher looks at us annoyed and says "You know you can just use your hands to open the door. It's gonna break one day if you keep doing that."

"We are too lazy to do that. Plus it's easier." Louis said.

Then we walk to the back of the class and take our seats and continue chatting since we already know the stuff.

---Time skips to 4th period of the day---

"Athena Romero please come to the principal's office." The loud speaker says.

I wonder why? Is it because of yesterday when I punched a plastic bitch? Or is it Cz of the spray paint in front of the school?? Wait how did he find out that it was me??

I wonder as I walk in the principal's office without knocking because I am here a lot. Like every day.

I sit down on the chair that was in front of his desk.

"What's up Arnold? Why am I here? Is is because of the spray paint in front of the school? Wait or is it because of what happened yesterday? It really isn't my fault tho, it was self-defense. She started it." I rambled.

"No Athena it's not. Wait! Hold up it was you who spray painted the school wall??!!?" Arnold said.

" Nooo it totally wasn't meee." I tried to cover up.

"Well anyways that's not why you are here. You are here because of something else." He looked at me with pity and continued "You stepdad died in an overdose." He looked sorry for me.

I was shocked but I didn't show it and kept my emotionless face on. I am finally free from him I though.

"So I am guessing I go in the foster care system now?"

"No actually the police found your brothers that are willing to take you in." He said.

"You know I am an only child right? So there's no way I have brothers." I deadpanned.

"No your not. They did a DNA test and found your brothers who were looking for you. Apparently you have been missing for 15 years."

To say I was shocked is an understatement but I didn't show it.

"Who are they and why do they keep staring at me?" I said pointing to the two men in the corner of the room. I saw a look of hurt in their eye for flash. Most people wouldn't have noticed that but I am not most people.

"They are your brothers. They are here to take you with them." Arnold said.

"Oh ok" I said. They have the same eyes green eyes and brown hair as me. Although they were tall. Maybe like...6.5ft. I think.

"I am gonna go get my stuff." With that I walked out of the office and then o my class.

I get me stuff and text in the group chat.

(A-Athena, C-Claire, L-Louis & Am-Amelia)

Crazy peeps 🤪😂

A- meet me in the parking lot now I have something important to say.

C- be right there ;)

L- kk

Am- alright.

"Hey what's so important you wanted to talk about?" Claire asked as they walked to me.

"So Dave died and now I have to go live with my brothers. And apparently I have been missing for the last 15 years. Yeah that's pretty much it." I explained.

"What!!!" They all said in unison.

"Yea but don't worry I will explain more later but for now I have to go with my brothers. I will talk to you guys later. Bye." I said

" alright bye" they said as I walked towards my brothers.

-----------------------

Hey how do you guys like it so far?? It's my first book so please bare with me. 🙏

Thoughts so far? Do you like it or not? Any suggestions?

Thank you for reading!!