Chapter 2

Fireworm and I had observed the boats from above. If we both stayed here, we would be seen. Weather I wanted to humans to see me was up for debate. On one talon, this would be a great moment to let out any pent up rage and eat some human flesh. On the other talon, Fireworm or I could get hurt or captured. While I'm not worried for Fireworm, because they will no doubt be useless to the hunters, one wrong hit and they will die.

There is no doubt that the humans have come to do something harmful. Weather it was to capture dragons or use the Blue Oleander to cause harm to dragons. I have always had a dislike for humans, but humans that actively hunt down dragons are unforgivable. I heard a slight rumble on my head that snapped me out of my thoughts. It was Fireworm, trying to get my attention. They seemed to notice my slight distress and was nuzzling my scales. The gesture was nice and reminded me of Gruff. Fireworm's warmth was also comforting, reminded me of a mother's embrace I never had.

Back to the situation at claw, if there are dragons on those boats, I would have to be careful with how I attack. If I ended up sinking a boat that had dragons in it, they wouldn't be able to get out and would drown. It's better to have the moment of surprise then nothing, dive in and attack as carefully as possible. I let out a huff and made my eyes look at Fireworm, they were in the middle of both my eyes. "Ready?" I growled, Fireworm in response growled as they looked down at the ship.

I took this moment and dived down, curling my wings to my body to dive faster. I released my wings when I got close enough and spit a stream of acid towards the deck of a boat. The caught fire immediately and I could hear the humans panicking about the boat being on fire. A human on the boat saw me and shouted "Dragon!" I flew upwards to avoid any arrows they could shoot at me. "Go down to a boat and light it on fire. Don't get hurt." I told Fireworm.

If Fireworm could prove as a distraction to the hunters, it would be a great opportunity for me to attack unharmed. Fireworm took the chance to plunge down towards a boat that wasn't on fire, the wood started smoking upon contact. Soon a fire on the boat had started and the humans hadn't noticed because they were so focused on me. I noticed that only one boat had a set of long ranged weapons, maybe these humans were used to short ranged attacks. The other boats all had close ranged weapons, axes, swords, spears, maces.

I flew up and dived back down with my wings curled to my body, until the last second where I opened my wings and let out a stream of acid on the boat with the long ranged weapons. The boat caught on fire and the deck corroded to the point where I could see under the deck. I landed on the deck for a moment and tackled a human off board. I then went under the deck that was still corroding and I saw multiple dragons, most of them are sea dragons. They saw me and immediately started roaring.

They weren't even speaking, just roaring at me, but I got the idea. I spit streams of acid at the bars and they started melting, the dragons flew from the hole in the deck and started attacking the other boats. I went to one cage with a dragon that wasn't roaring and just stared at me. It was a Sliquifier, a species I haven't seen often. It was bigger than me so it must have been an adult. (I checked the wiki and Sliquifiers do not have a specific size so I made one up. 36 feet 8 inches long, 7 feet 4 inches tall, 1,476 pounds, wingspan of 42 feet.)

I melted it's cage with my acid and it immediately swiped at me, I roared at it and swiped back. It apparently didn't expect me to retaliate and it flinched back in shock. I huffed in offense, the audacity. "You are free now, go back to the ocean." I growled before walking away. "I have no home to go to." What I assume was a male voice was growling at me. I turned back to him and tilted my head before huffing. "Get out of the boat and go onto the island, I still have other dragons to save." I growled before flying out of the deck. As soon as I flew out, I spit a stream of acid onto an already flaming deck.