Chapter 4

When I awaken, I awaken the sound of multiple dragons around me. More like hundreds of dragons around me, a lot of them are far away, but some of them are near me. I don't move or show any indication that I'm awake until the time comes. I'm most likely in a place I don't know. What I do know is that my pack is somewhere near me. How do I know this? There is a very warm but very small creature on my eyes which I assume is Fireworm. Even if I did open my eyes I would be bombarded with the heat of Fireworm directly in my eyes and I would have to move to get him off.

I can't tell if he did this on purpose or just did it for comfort. Either way, I hear a voice speaking, it's the human. The human's voice is far away but close enough that I can hear her, not close enough to hear what she is saying though. I hear multiple footsteps moving away from me. I feel a large warmth nudge me, and I recognize the warmth to be Spitfire. It takes all my strength to not jump on him in happiness that my pack is technically alright.

Spitfire moves away and Fireworm moves from my eyes and bites my nose, I make a small sound of uncomfort and shake my head to get him to stop. He stops biting my nose and nuzzles my head. "I missed you too buddy." A small purr raises from my throat, I'm happy he is alright. I'm in a small opening on the side of a cliff edge, I look down into the large waters and- WHAT IN THE KING OF DRAGONS IS THAT!? I look down and see a giant white dragon, this must be a Bewilderbeast, the Red Death is at least supposed to be at least a variation of red.

I blink in surprise as I stare at the Bewilderbeast, it's so majestic. I shake my head, which also shakes Fireworm. I whisper a small sorry as I can feel Fireworm glare at me. I need to focus, find Gruff, get the pack, leave without any interruption. I flick my tongue and sniff around for any sign of his scent. A faint scent leads me to the other side of the....sanctuary? Looks like a sanctuary, no dragons are attacking each other. Either their all friendly or have great restraint, I have neither.

My tail curls on instinct as I look over at the Bewilderbeast, still sleeping, I hope. Flying is a no go since I'll probably attract attention. Sneaking around is my best bet, I start walking around the path of stone. I see many dragons as I walk but none pay attention to me. A baby Scuttleclaw comes up to me and snaps at me, a low growl shoos him away. I'm getting lower and lower towards the ground, dragons are basically flying in circles above the Bewilderbeast. Are they waiting for something?

I hear footsteps and some talking and I decide that I need to hide. I climb up a stone wall and situate myself beside a Seashocker and Raincutter. Both don't mind my company the Seashocker even nuzzles me. I found it a bit weird, but out of kindness, I nuzzled him back. The Stormcutter, the human, and my pack soon walk by. The human saying something about 'They'll warm up to us' while walking by. I try to scurry backwards but I am unable to as ice is blocking my way. The Seashocker seems to get the idea that I want to hide and uses his larger body to cover mine.

He's wet and slimy, but it's better than a commotion starting because I'm seen. I forgot to say but Fireworm crawled into my back scales again, I know this because there is a small warmth there. The Seashocker uncovers me and I don't see or hear my pack nor the human or Stormcutter. Their probably going back to where I was to check up on me. I need to get there before them. I take off from my spot, almost bumping into multiple dragons as I fly. I fly back to my spot and remember the position I was in when I was asleep and lay down.

Fireworm gets the idea and crawls back over my eyes, the sneaky little worm. That's a good secondary name, Fireworm the little worm. I can hear the footsteps and voice of the human as well as hisses and growling from my pack. They seem irritated, is it because they are worried or they are in a new place with a bunch of dragons? As I hear the footsteps get closer, I hear a groan and a dragon quickly coming over to me. They practically nudge me so hard I fall over to my side. I try not to move the best I can, but Fireworm smacks to the stone ground.