Chapter 9

I roamed the ship deck I was currently on, we were on a raid and I was, unfortunately, the quietest one here. The others not so much, mainly because of their humans, Stormfly was the only sensible one. How did these humans survive without me again? It's quite foggy up here, makes it hard for the humans to see me. I see a cage with a dragon in it, a Thunderclaw. I click at it a few times before it turns to me. I gather some acid in my mouth and spit at the lock. The lock burns and the Thunderclaw pushes the door open. I pat down the fire before it could get big, Hiccup told me that fires attract attention. Isn't that the whole point of a fire?

The Thunderclaw walks forward and I grab the metal muzzle in its face and pull it off. The Thunderclaw nuzzles me and I click to show some affection. I have not gone soft, I'm just not that mean anymore. The Thunderclaw then flies up, not making a sound. Good, we don't want to attract unwanted attention that could get us in some trouble. Not like I can't handle the trouble, but I would rather not have to save Hiccup again because he did something stupidly nice. This is a raid, human, not a 'reveal what were about to do with the dragons to the dragon hunters'. There are many dragons here, too many cages for me to open on my own.

I don't have a rider, and I never will. Hiccup has tried, always failed, to get me to like a human enough for me to let them ride me. The closest he got was the elder, Gothi, she already has dragons though. Gothi is nice, nice for an elder, also fearfully strong for an elder. Raincutter, Thunderclaw, Windstrikers, Rumblehorns, Threadtail, Nightmares, Nadders, Gronckles, Zipplebacks, basically a bunch of dragons on this ship. It's a wonder what humans can do with them. Not like I'll let them, though. These dragons on this boat is already apart of my colony, even if they don't know it yet. I hear yelling, a hunter, since I don't recognize the voice and I scurry towards it. Hiccup seems to be fighting a hunter, the hunter throws a lamp at Hiccup and Hiccup and Toothless walk through it.

The hunter screams, possibly in fear, I mean most likely. "Your a demon!" Hiccup shushes him, trying to be quiet. Well, you already started a fire, which is what you told me NOT to do, so that part is already over. "I'm not a demon, I'm not a demon." Hiccup takes off his helmet and mask thing and reveals is face. "See? Just a guy, just a guy, here to rescue these dragons." Hiccup, what did I tell you about saying your plans to the enemy? "But you walked through fire!" The hunter yells, I am one second away from venoming him. "Dragon scales, dragons shed a lot." Hiccup pats the scales on his shoulder, probably trying to show the very obvious scales to the dumb hunter. "Oh I know a demon when I see one." You probably never seen a demon before, then. "No human legs are that skinny." Well, you've never seen a human built like a fishbone then.

"Fear us!" Hookfang roars as he sets himself on fire, standing on his talons with his wings up. "I am so feared, wow, I can feel the fear pulsating in me." I hiss, dramatically laying on my side with my claw up. "You think that's an entrance!? Get a load of me!" What part of be sneaky did you not get? Snotlout, weird name for a human when I found out, then starts screaming his bottom on fire. Hookfang looks at his human like he has not already seen his stupidity more times then the dragons on Berk. "Ah! I knew it! More demons!" Are humans always this stupid? Or is it just hunters? "It's really just a nitwit who forgot to fireproof his butt." Hiccup says, entirely done with Snotlout, I am too don't worry.

The fire starts to go out while Snotlout whines about how hot it is. The Zippleback of the twins then blow some gas and light it up, creating an explosion that knocks Snotlout away. "Behold, your worst nightmare." Wow, how scary, that is your hair. "Behold." Another is heard by his twin. "Along with his sister, who insisted on coming." Didn't you guys say that a Zippleback can only be ridden with two riders? "That's my intro?" Ruffnut says, looking midly offended. Again, I ask, how did these humans survive without me? "Guys, too soon." Tell me about it, those entrances were flashy but reckless. "Your always too soon." Fishlegs, another weird name for a human, suddenly drops like he was thrown. "Sorry, getting the hand of my wings."