Plans for Lizards

"Cocytus. You come back defeated. Why?" Momonga asked the teal insect monster. 

"I am terribly sorry for such a bout, Momonga-sama. I- My plan--!" Cocytus shut his mouth as Albedo reprimanded the warrior's apology. 

"Lift your head when addressing the Supreme Ones. Apologizing won't bring victory or erase your defeat." Albedo stated. "Brong about why you were defeated and learn from it to not disappoint the Supreme Ones. 

Woah, Albedo actually reprimanding those below her without the usual gimmick of having either Y/n or Momonga as the ones to do it? That's what I call... Back to the story...

"Regardless of your apology Cocytus. Would you tell me why or how you lost?" Momonga asked.

A burst of mist came out of Cocytus to respond to Momonga's question. "The army you produced for me to handle the lizardmen, I gained to be prideful. Underestimating the Lizardmen for handling a sole necromancer." 

Pausing his answer, Cocytus thinks more of what he should've done to have a better chance at victory. "The topography of the area, the lack of commanders commanding the low-level undead when it was necessary. The lack of information regarding the abilities of the best Lizardmen fighting the Elder Lich." 

A clap emerged from a certain, winged, crazy angel entering the throne room where the fate of Cocytus is begin held

"Bravo, Cocytus. You learned from your mistakes and want to remedy it, no?"

"Y/n-sama! Y-yes you are right." Cocytus turned around and kneeled to face Y/n.

"Then I order you as your punishment to eradicate the Lizardmen with no help from any army, guardian, or skills of yours to correct your idiotic defeat!" Y/n exclaimed.

Cocytus whilst having no facial expressions to make out his reaction to Y/n's order. Cocytus clenched his hands and looked at Y/n to put out a petition of his own to the order. "My lord, I have a request to make of the punishment you have given me! I beg you!" 

"Cocytus!" Albedo looked at Cocytus with a wrathful face. "You dare have a problem with what your master has ordered you to do? For bringing a defeat to Nazarick dare have an opposing reaction?!"

Cocytus doesn't respond or retort to what Albedo is saying, instead he merely side-eyes the woman who isn't the one who he was talking to.

"Cock man!" Albedo raised his voice. But before she can continue, Y/n holds his hand up to shut Albedo up. 

"I'm intrigued as to what is your reason for changing your punishment?" Y/n smiled. "Do tell me what is your reason?"

"My pleasure." Cocytus breathed out a mist. "It would be beneficial for us to have the Lizardmen pledge loyalty to the Tomb, and have them be our subordinates."

"An interesting proposal Cocytus. But for what purpose would having an entire race be under our feet beneficial? Is it the manpower? I am the manpower. For labor? We have angels and undead to do that. So tell me one reason to keep them." Y/n listed out reasons that Cocytus would've come up with but such reasons would be met with the summons he and Momonga can conjure.