008

Aimee lay in bed with Esmè and smiled. She looked to her little girl and sighed. She knew how much that she loved her daughter. She knew how things were with Max. She knew that everything was a mess.

Aimee knew that she just wanted to be the best mum to Esmè. She knew max was only doing this as she was no longer sleeping with him.

Aimee wasn't stupid and she wasn't going to give in to Max Tyler. She wanted going to play his games. She knew that she wasn't going to let him win.

Aimee looked to her phone as she saw Max who was calling and texting her. She knew how he hadn't once asked to see Esmè.

He had been harassing her. He was telling her how he was going to ruin her life. She knew that he was a bully. And it made her question just what she saw in him.

Aimee ignored her phone. She looked to Esmè and smiled as she pulled her close and kissed her and smiled

"I love you so much baby girl. I know that things are hard baby. But mummy promises you that nothing bad is going to happen. I am not going to let your dead beat of a daddy take you away from me. I know I am going to do all I can to keep you safe. It will be okay," Aimee said.

Esmè looked to her and grinned. She knew how Esmè was little. And how she didn't understand any of what was going on. And Aimee was glad.

She didn't want Esmè to suffer that way by being caught in the middle.

****

Aimee got to work. She stood in the staffroom. She looked to see Lexie as she walked in. She walked over to her and smiled. "Hey. I heard that you met with the lawyer. How did it go?" Lexie asked.

Aimee smiled. "It went well it's just. Well she wants to play dirty like Max. But I just don't want it to be that way. She thinks Max may use the fact the girls are sisters and get them. She wants to dig on Max. And thinks that as long as we keep the girls together, it won't work," she said.

Lexie looked to her and smiled. She knew playing dirty wasn't what Aimee was use too. Especially she was a good person.

"I know it's hard. But it's what we have to do," Lexie said as Aimee nodded.

****

Aimee sat in her flat. She frowned as she heard a knock at the door. She put Esmè in front of the tv. She answered the door as she saw two police officers and paled.

"What's going on?" Aimee asked.

"Aimee. You know Mr Max Tyler?" He asked.

Aimee sighed. "What's he done?" She asked. Sick of the drama. And worried he'd gone as far as calling her police on her.

"I'm afraid to say Mr Tyler was the subject of a hit and run. Can we come in?"

Aimee nodded. She was shocked. Someone had left Max for dead. But who was it?