009

Aimee stood in the hospital. She was in shock over what had happened to Max.

She knew all that had happened. And she knew how she and Max had been up and down lately. She knew that they were going to court over custody. But she knew that she'd never do that to him.

She knew the type of man that Max could be. And she knew how it was only a matter of time before it did happen.

Aimee wiped the tears from her eyes as she stood outside of Max's room.

"Aimee. Can we ask a few questions?" The detective asked.

Aimee looked to them and nodded. "When is the last time that you saw Me Tyler?"

"It was around one."

"And your relationship? I am aware that you have a child together."

"We do. We have had issues with custody. More of the fact he hasn't been there for our daughter. It hasn't been toxic, but it hasn't been there best."

"And where we you at the time of the accident?"

"I was 6 my way to pick my daughter up. I don't know what you are trying to say. Despite how things are with me and Max, I'd never," Aimee said.

"He has a child with someone else. What's his relationship like either her?"

"Lexie would never hurt a fly. She's always done her best for their child. It wasn't us. Someone else did it. But it wasn't us," Aimee said.

She was annoyed at how they were asking her.

****

Aimee got to the school. Her head was a mess with all that had happened. She walked into the staffroom as she saw Lexie "I heard about Max. Are you okay?" Lexie asked.

Aimee looked to her. "The police questioned me as if I did this. I could never despite all that happened with me and max. I went to the hospital. And I saw him, he's in bad shape. And I just don't know what to think. I feel sick at the thought of it all," she said.

Lexie walked over to her and hugged her and smiled. "I know it's hard. I do, but I am here for you. I am going no where. And we will find out who did this to Max. The police have nothing. And because of our issues with Max, we're first guess. It will be okay," she said as Aimee looked to her and smiled.

She hoped that she was right.

****

Aimee sat in the flat with Esmè. She sighed as she looked to her daughter. "Baby come here I need to speak to you. It's about daddy," Aimee said.

She knew how Esme was little but she needed to tell her about Max.

"Daddy come see me?" Esmè asked.

Aimee looked to her daughter and smiled.  "He can't baby. There's was an accident. And daddy was hurt. So he's at the hospital. But he will get better. So he won't be sound for a while," she said as Esmè frowned as Aimee held her daughter close.

Aimee knew how none of it was easy. But just who had been the one that had tried to kill Max?