Beach Disaster

Aaliyah

Beach Day with Miguel and Jocelynn!!

As you can probably tell from now, I freaking love the beach. Everything about it is just so fascinating. The smell of salt water, the sand between my toes, the waves wiping me out, the beautiful shells I can collect, and the amazing view when the sky rises or sets. The beach is my comfort place becasue it has never failed me and never will.

My mama told me that around 6pm, we would head over to Gio's house for dinner to celebrate his mom's birthday which is enough time for me to hangout with Jocelynn and Miguel. Ahh, I'm finally hanging out with other people other than Giovanni. Progress.

I have about 30 minutes to get myself ready for this little hangout so, lets start getting ready like now.

Doing the half up half down hairsyle on my giant curly locs have to be the biggest struggle for me. I chose to do it because I recently bought the most cutest flower claw clips at the mall the other day and wnated to put them to use. It will perfectly match the vibe for today.

After finishing my hairstyle, adding loads of sunscreen, adding blush and waterproof mascara, packing my tote bag up, putting on my bathing suit and cover up, I finally put on my sandals and check the time on my phone.

5 more minutes til 3pm so, I still got time to grab a water bottle and two mandarins.

....

As I open the door, I already see Miguel but he's alone?

I look both ways of the street and then proceed to walk towards him. He's wearing red swimming trunks with white drawstrings. He has his beach towel on his shoulder and his phone, keys, and two helmet in his right hand. He smiles at me, revealing his deep dimples which makes me smile and do a little wave.

"Hi" I say extremely happily. "Hey, Aaliayh" Miguel replies while staring into my eyes. Pretending to look around, I bluntly ask, "Where's Jocelynn?". I wonder if she's still inside the house getting ready.

"So basically, our aunt called her and asked if she could go babysit our cousin for a few hours last minute." Miguel says kind of hesitantly. "So would it still be okay for the two of us or?" He begins to ramble off kind of nervously.

"Of course we can still hangout," I quickly reassure by tilting my head and sending him a small smile. I see that he breathes out and is more relaxed now. Miguel then smiles back and then speaks again.

"Let's go?" He looks at me raising his eyebrows and I quickly nod. He passes me a helmet and I immediatelt put it on. As i'm trying my best to buckle up the helmet, Miguel seems to notice me struggling to click it which makes him ask, "Do you need help?".

I try a few more times and then look up at him and say, "Yeah". He lets out a soft chuckle and then moves closer to me. His hands faintly graze my neck and I move my hair to make it easier for him to hook it on.

CLICK!

We then hop on his scooter and head on over to the beach.

.....

Straight away, I run into the sand, pick spot, and drop off all my belongings on top of my beach towel. Miguel on the other hand, walks to the sand, drops of his things, sets up a tiny umbrella for the both of us and then finally heads into the water with me.

As we're splashing water at eachother, laughing, swimming, fighting the waves, and genuinely having such a good time, I see a familiar face that I'm not so happy to see at all. All those awful memories come to mind. The secrets, the rumours, the fakeness floods my memory until I hear "Is everything okay?" from Miguel. I snap my head at him, shake my head to brush it off and unconfidenlty say, "Yeah!". Miguel stays looking at me for a bit with a worried ish expression but I guess he believes me.

"I'm going to write something in the sand," I say trying to distract myself as I walk out the water. "Let me know once you're done so I can take picture of it" Miguel adds. "Okie dokie" I say sending hima smile, in which he returns.

What should I write? How about I heart Mangos! Yeah, let's go witht that. I see Miguel taking pictures of the beach view, the sand, and our little set up where are things are. Everything is going well until I see a dark shadow cover my writing. Ugh, the weather was literally perfect a second ago.

Well, I thought it was a cloud until I saw a pair of feet walk all across my writing and mess it up. I look up and that's when I see Marisol and her two little minions smirking while looking down on me. "What's your problem?" I say clearly annoyed by what she just did. "Oh! Oops, I didn't know I couldn't walk on the sand" Marisol replies sarcastically while the two others girls that accompany her giggle. This time, they drag their feet across my entire writing and now theres absolutely no words.

"Can you stop?" I stand up and dust off my hands while looking at them. "What am I even doing? All I did was simply walk onthe shore, can I not do that or what?" Marisol claps back and begins to get up in my face. "What are you going to do about it, Aaliyah?" she adds while pushing me.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! What the hell are you doing?" I hear a deep voice get closer and closer. It's Miguel. I see that Marisol backs up and starts eyeing him up and down. Miguel looks at me and whispers lightly, "Are you okay?". I nod and give a quick smile. He doesn't seem to buy it but looks over at Marisol to see if she's going to respond.

"Oooo and you are?" Marisol says while twirling her wavy hair around her finger. The two girls behind her sneak glances at eachother and start blushing. Miguel's face clearly shows that he's not interested in them and is mostly annoyed. "Let's go, Aaliyah" He then says while taking my hand in his while walking towards our belongings.

We pick everything up and hop on his scooter. From afar, I can still see Marisol and her minions giving us dirty and confused looks. Ugh, she makes me so mad. I hate her.

Yes, I know that hate is a strong word but I dont care, I mean it when it comes to Marisol.