Birthday Dinner

Aaliyah

I was so caught up on the situation that happened a few minutes ago that I didn't even realize that Miguel was already at my house. He quickly parks and helps me get off the scooter. I hop down and try to unbuckle the helmet off my head but its unsuccessful. "Aaliyah?" I hear very faintly and look up to see Miguel taking off his helmet and looking at me in the eyes. He stares at me with a hint of empathy and worry in his eyes. I break the eye contac, trying to blink away the tears that are trying to flow down my face. As I'm struggling to take off the helmet, I feel his warm hands over mine, helping to unbuckle it.

I look up at him and give him a small smile in which he returns with a half one. I wipe my eyes and sigh as I say, "Sadly, our beach hangout got cut short, right?". Miguel nods slowly to himself while making his lips go completely straight. "I mean, we can definitely try a-" I get cut off immediately.

  "Are you okay though?" Miguel says cocking his head to the side. Those filthy memories I instantly got when I saw Marisol didn't make me feel good at all. I blink twice and then 5 times trying to keep my tears in. "Not really," I say with a fake laugh as I look down at my flipflops. That's when I feel Miguel's arms around mine, holding me in embrace. My hands just stay at my sides.

  "I don't know know the situation and you don't have to tell me if you're not ready but, I know you're not okay and it's okay not to be okay, Aaliyah." He vented, still hugging me. He slowly steps back and I glance up at him. "Thank you," I say breathly. I see him send me a quickly little smile which slightly reveals one of his dimples. "If you want someone to talk to, I can send you my sister's number, only if you want me to" he says quickly reasurring me.

  "I would like that," I say calmly. He smiles to himself and then takes out his phone to send me Jocelynn's number. Ding! "I got it," I say while shaking my phone slightly in the air. Miguel chuckles which also makes me giggle because why did I just do that. "Alrighty, I'm going to head home now because I have to work at the shop." he says smiling and looking down at his crocs.

That makes me laugh and I do a 'shoo shoo' motion to my hands so that he can get going. "Bye, Aaliyah" he says waving at me. "Bye, Miguel" I wave back while smiling.

.....

  "Aaliyah, can I use your blush?" I hear my grandma ask from her bathroom. i honestly love when my mama asks me for makeup or anything beauty releated because I have everything you could ever think of.  I become a whole expert on that topic. "Ya voy," I say while grabbing a handfull of different blushes that will go pretty well with my grandma's complexion.

Meanwhile she's choosing which blush she likes, I decide to roam around her perfumes. One thing about my grandma is that she has a perfume for everything. No joke. If you want to smell like the beach, she has a perfume perfect for that. If you want to smell like you justy got dumped in vanilla, she has a perfume for that. I decided to wear this called 'Flower bomb by Viktor&Rolf' because its smells extremely good and flirty. One of my favorite perfume scents ever.

But anyways, I head downstairs to grab my jacket and start heading in the car. My grandpa is already in the car blasting salsa. You may be asking, why are we going in a car if Miguel's house is about two blocks away? Well, since my grandparents are getting pretty old, their bones begin to hurt even with the most slightest movements.

It makes me so sad that they're aging but that's life.

.....

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear, Martha. Happy birthday to you!!" We all collectively say while clapping our hands together. Everyone is smiling and having a good time. "Make a wish, Marsha", I say excitedly. Marsha closes her eyes for a few seconds and then opened them again, blowing the candles.

After taking pictures, we finally sit down at the dinner table and see the different varieties of food. "I couldn't decide on what I had a taste for so, this was the outcome," Giovanni's mom says covering her mouth shyly. Martha is literally the cutest ever, shes so kind yet so timid even though we've known her for many years. I decided to sit in the middle because that's what I usually do and then here comes Gio and his brother, Noah, sitting on the other sides. Locking me in.

  "So, how has college been Noah? Is it like the movies?" I ask eagerly, stuffing my cheeks with the delicious mashed potatoes. "So far, it's nothing like the movies" he replies nodding his head and making his lips turn into a line. I make a disappointed face and scoop  a bigger spoonfull of the mashed potatoes on my plate. "But, it's not horrible," Noah quickly adds.

One thing about movies is that they lie.

  "Omg, those boquette of roses look so devine," my grandma says looking at the beautiful roses that are in the middle of the table. "Thank you, turns out that my husband asked yours where he gets your flowers from. I've always complimented them when I go to your house" says Martha as she leans forward to smell the lovely red roses infront of her. "All the gifts I was given, really warmed my heart."

  "Oh, Martha, what did you think of Gio's present?" I announced with a huge smile on my face. I just waited patiently for an answer until I saw Martha's eyebrows furrow confusedly. In that moment, I heard Giovanni do a light cough like if he were clearing his throat. "Giovanni, you got me a gift?" Marsha looks at Gio with her hands over her chest and she lightly pouts. Oh shoot, had he not given it to her yet? I feel awful now.

  "Shh,  it was suppsoed to be a surprise" I hear Gio utter under his breath while he hits me lightly under the table with his leg. Ouch. "I'll show it to yo later ma," he then adds with a tight smile on his face. Gio then gives me a quick side eye that no one else would notice but me.

This made me feel like a terrible person. Spoiling things that I had no business doing.

₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊ Author's Note ₊‧°𐐪♡𐑂°‧₊

Sorry that it took me awhile to update this story. I had a written a chapter before this one but I wanted to make sure that I wrote this two parts first before going in with the chapter I already wrote.

What do you think about Aaliyah spoiling Gio's gift to his mom?

OMFG MIGUEL AND AALIYAH HUGGED?!?!? How are we feeling?

QOTDೀ

What's your favorite song atm? Mine is Hare Hare by TWICE