Betrayal

Aaliyah

Laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about how I wish I could rewind time and keep my mouth shut for once. My mouth is going to be the end of me.

The look that Gio gave me after applying pressure on my leg really sent me shivers. Best believe, I didn't speak at all after that. So embarrassing.

I really didn't know that he was keeping it a secret.

Music. I need music to distract myself from overthinking too much.

Turning on my tv, I click the first playlist that appears once I opened Spotify. Yeah, that's more like it. I got up from my bed and began dancing with my favorite bunny plushie that I sleep will every night. Letting the music take over my body, I decided to open my phone and apologize to Gio. It's the only thing that can be done since I did screw up.

I let out a light sigh before typing.

Oh? He left me on read. I really messed up...

....

"Aaliyah, your grandfather and I are heading to the shop now, I left the keys on top of the fridge and breakfast is downstairs." I hear mama say peaking her little round head from my door. "Mhm," I mumble, half asleep. My grandma than sends me a little air kiss then, I hear the door close again.

Small groans leave my mouth left and right as I'm getting up from my bed. Surprisingly, I make it to the bathroom with my eyes semi- open and do what I got to do. Since I'm home alone, I can blast my music as loud as I want it to be without anyone telling me to turn it down. Earphones and headphones are definitely not enough when listening to Lana Del Ray. I need it injected in my veins at this point.

....

Nothing is better than taking a nice hot shower with your favorite song or artist playing in the background. Almost sounds like heaven right? Since I have nothing to do or where to go, I guess I'll do a face mask because why not? Skincare is so much fun.

As I wait for the timer to take off this cute Hello Kitty face mask goes off, I decided to go on my phone to check if I have any messages and sadly, I don't have any from the person I wanted messages from. Giovanni did see my message but didn't reply or react to it at all. Should I go to his house and apologize in person? What if he doesn't want to see me at all?

Ugh, the overthinking again.

I decide to go downstairs to get a quick snack in order to "distract myself" from my overthinking thoughts that have clouded my mind in that quick little moment. I see some strawberries and mangos that I could cut up into little bites and add some heavy whipping cream on top. YUM! Just thinking about it, made my mouth water at the corners.

I also decided to play music so I wouldn't feel "alone" because I've watched way too many movies and something always happens to the main character once he or she is home alone. So, I REFUSE to risk my beautiful life.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Those notifications interrupt my music making me grab my phone and see who it is. Oh, one of my volleyball teammates. Wait, are we not going to have volleyball next year? I go ahead and open their message to see what's up.

Emily: "Hey Ali!! How have you been? I know this is nothing volleyball related but, I wanted to ask you if you were still friends with Giovanni?"

Me: Hi Em!!I've been doing pretty good. Yeah, I'm still friends with Gio, Why?"

Emily: "I'm glad you're good! and I was just wondering because of what he posted on his insta story a few minutes ago 😬

Me: Oh, let me check!!

I get out of our conversation and head over to the app instagram to see what he posted. I mean, it can't be that bad for Emily to text me about it. Maybe it was a little misunderstanding. Watch it be a quote that has nothing to with out friendship whatsove-

My heart instantly stops beating. All I hear is silence. My breathing begins to quicken at a pace that I never knew it could go. I blink once, then twice, and then a little too many more after that trying to keep my tears form streaming down my face.

"NO! NO! NO!" ,"This can't be real" , " He would never do that I-" Is all that was going through my mind at that very moment. I can barely see because of the incoming waterfall that is about to flow through my eyes.

"Ah!" I say, immediately putting my now cut finger in my mouth to soothe the pain. The knife drops to the floor and there I am, slowly dropping myself on the cold floor, finally letting everything out. While the picture of Giovanni and Marisol kissing while holding up the poster board we made "for his mom" saying "I'm glad I can finally call you mine!❤" continues to replay and replay on my phone.