The Man In The Lift

Cammie's POV
I stare at the unconscious man slumped in front of me, I have a feeling that this wasn't the spy that Mr Solomon hired to tail me. This was not right. I searched his pockets, only to find a map of the mall, two napotine patches and his mission objective, which was issued by an unknown source. He must have thought that defeating me would have been easy, otherwise he wouldn't have had left his aim for anyone to see. At the top of the page it read:
TARGET: CAMERON MORGAN
PARENTS: MATHEW MORGAN
(ALREADY DEFEATED BY THE COC) AND RACHEL MORGAN (LOCATION KNOWN, TROOPS ON STANDBY)
MISSION OBJECTIVE: KILL SUBJECT QUICKLY WHILST IN COVE-OPS LESSON. MUST BE DONE WITHOUT A TRACE.
They know where my mum is. I had to be gone without a trace. They wanted me... Dead? Why?!
"Cammie!" I hear the faint shouting of my name except this time it wasn't through the comms. To say my comms unit was busted would be an understatement. It sounded almost identically to Bex. "Cammie! Are you okay?!" It is Bex!
Just then the lift drops another 5 feet and I let out a blood curdling scream. My throat sounds scratchy and coarse.
"Cammie!" My name is shouted again except this time it's 3 voices. Definitely 2 female and 1 male. One of them is Bex. I'm trying to figure out the other 2, but my head hurts so much and I just want to sleep. Why can't I sleep? It would be so much nicer just to let everything wash away. All the pain, all the worry. Everything.
I hear noises outside of the lift and my attention is immediately back on the task at hand: get out of the damn death trap of a lift! I search the lift for all of the possible escape routes, but I am unable to even find a crack. I am definitely too short to reach the ceiling by a few feet. I was trapped. I didn't know what to do. "Duchess?... Duchess?!" I whisper, it really hurt to speak, but I had nothing else to do.
"Cam, calm down you're okay."
"He tried to kill me, Bex. He's going to hurt mum."
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'HE TRIED TO KILL ME'?!!!" Bex practically screams, I'm sure she has just burst the eardrums of every student.
"The man in the l-lift. He was from the circle." I stutter, allowing all worry and fright seep into my voice.
"There's a man from a terrorist group in the lift with you?!"
"Yes." I state simply.
"Okay, I'm coming. Don't worry if he wakes up use the napotine patches."
"Bex, the lift is going to fall." When I didn't receive a response I'm guessing that she had gone into action; turning off her comm unit.
Except it wasn't Bex who came down. It was a brown haired, green eyed boy that I had stupidly fallen in love with. Stupidly, but also amazingly and undeniably. The grate on the ceiling of the lift flys of revealing a dangling Zach and a tiny Bex holding a rope at the top of the shaft. I try to stand up, but the room spins and I fall back on the floor.
"Don't worry, Gallagher Girl, just stay still" he says, failing at hiding the worry in his voice. That's when I hear the creaking and the small jut of the lift falling about 2 meters.
"Zach" I whisper, looking up at him with more panic and more worry than ever before in my life.
"Don't panic" he says in a very panicked tone of voice.
The lift falls slightly again and I begin to cry. It can't end like this. It wasn't supposed to end like this. The lift falls again and I do the only thing I can think of in that time.
"Liz, Macey, Bex I don't know if you can here me right now, but I love you, okay? Don't forget that. I love you guys so much" I sob as the lift falls slightly again.
"Cammie!" Zach yells, grabbing the lift for dear life as if he were trying to pull it back up the shaft with his bare hands. I stand up all the way this time with only minimal swaying. I reach my hand up to try and reach him, but he's too far. He reaches his hand down too and we are literally centimetres away from each other, but still out of the other person's reach.
"Cammie" Zach pleads, a tear making its way down his cheek.
"Zach, I love you" I say. I can't help but think of how much of a girl I sound. It's like the cheesiest love story ever (minus the fact that the girl dies in a lift.) I wish none of this was happening. I don't want to say goodbye yet. I don't want to leave them. So as the lift creaks for the final time before the almighty snap of the chords, I use all my energy to do the one thing I should not be able to do considering the head injury I have sustained. I jump.