Smoke and Mirrors: To Mold a world part 1: the Road of Hope

Bern, Canton of Bern, 

Switzerland, February 05, 2004, 

9:00 am. 

The city of Bern, the national capital of the Swiss Confederation more commonly known as Switzerland, is a country located in the European mainland known for its neutrality and banking practices. The people of the city of Bern are going about their daily lives walking along the sidewalk covered by snow while cars are driving along the streets. 

A young forty-two-year-old man is sitting in the driver's seat inside a four-wheeled vehicle minding the road while listening to the radio where a young man is speaking, "And guess what Operation Desert Fury was launched on the twenty-fifth of April 2003, " The voice continues to speak while the man reaches for the button on the dashboard which controls the radio channel, "and after months, ten months no proof of Weapons of Mass Destruction was found, " the person continues to speak through the radio installed on the car. 

"can't we just over that fact? " the young man remarked while touching a button which changes the radio channel to a channel playing music native to Switzerland, "finally something better, " he mumbled while keeping an eye on the road and quickly applying subtle pressure on the breaks upon seeing a red light appears on the rear headlight of the vehicle in front of him, "strange, " the man mumbled while his hands are touching the steering wheel of the car, "they advocate this car to be part of a new generation, " he remarked in a low voice while turning the steering wheel to the left and the car changes direction and entered into another street where the stoplight is colored green, "I don't feel anything new with this car, " he continues to speak in a low voice while the stoplight transitions from green to yellow and upon seeing the transition the young man started to apply pressure on the breaks and once the stoplight changes from yellow to red the vehicle continues to slow down before coming to a halt. 

the young man while waiting for the stoplight to turn from red to green looked at a billboard which is showing an advertisement for a car from Porsche, a sleek car with a silver paint job, "car of the future with consumer safety in mind, " he mumbled and read the writing on the billboard, he then touches the dashboard of his car, "I do not feel any safer than any car pre-reunion, " he mumbled while once more looking forward and breathing out a sigh of frustration upon seeing numerous cars running perpendicular to his lane while the red light on the stoplight remains, "damn it, " he curses after a minute while glancing at the integrated clock of the vehicle, "I mean the OFN has a ban on vehicle export to UN nations and the Americans agree to it. "  

the young man reaches for the radio and changes the channel to a morning news broadcast where a young woman is asking a question, "Why do you think the OFN has a ban on the export of vehicles, " the young woman questioned and after a few seconds an answer is heard. 

"It is quite simply the OFN wants to maintain a monopoly on advanced technology, " a male voice stated calmly while the young man who is behind the steering wheel listened to the voice of the man telling the answer to the previous question, "every time the OFN nations weakened their dangerous technology outflow prevention act it is a win for the UN nations, a win for the manufacturing industry in the OFN and a lost for domestic manufacturing industry here in the UN and a lost for national security for the OFN nations. " 

"So you are saying that our respective governments would prefer if certain restriction remains in place? " the young woman questioned.

the man quickly answered the question, "Workers who are out of a job generally voted for the other party, " he stated, "Some of the restrictions in place by the OFN are actually protecting the domestic industry of us developing nations. "