Smoke and Mirrors: Peace Everlasting

New Eden, United Federation, 

November 01, 2007, 9:00 am. 

Located within the city of New Eden, the capital of the United Federation is the presidential block, the official residence of the President of the United Federation, and inside the residence of the head of government, a conversation takes place between a select member of President's executive cabinet with the head of state in attendance seating at a rectangular table beside President Lilian Stoke. 

"That is quite a hefty price tag, " President Lilian Stokes remarked while glancing at Emperor William Smith, who nodded in agreement at her remark, "What do you think? " she inquired while looking at William who is currently deep in thought. 

William Smith, the head of state of the United Federation and the first emperor of the Federation speaks as soon as the former is done speaking, "The data gathered would be very sufficient for the direction of our military, " he continues to speak while looking at President Lilian Stokes who agrees with his observation, "We will have this leak to the media, " he suggested. 

"That would galvanize the public to agree to an emergency increase in defense spending for next year, " the head of the Department of Finance remarked in response to hearing the suggestion of William. 

"Well we have no problem on Ground and Naval combat Assets but according to the training exercise our aerial and naval mobility capability is lacking, " the head of the Department of Defense, Secretary Lee Raymond stated reminding everyone of the finding of the year-long military exercise conducted by the Federal Army, "We would have to increase our mobility capability two folds to ensure a flexible response to threats from within and without. " 

"We can all agree that the Military matter has been taken care of. " President Lilian Stokes speaks and upon seeing no one voicing their concern a holo display screen is activated which shows the agenda of the meeting with the military matter being crossed out, "Let us now proceed to the Intelligence matter, " she continues to lead the meeting and as she speaks she glances at director Anastasia Thompson, "Director? " 

Director Anastasia Thompson speaks and a holographic keyboard and a holo screen materialize in front of her for the rest of the government officials, a holo screen appears in front of them while a holographic projection of the globe materializes at the middle of the table highlighting the middle east region. 

"The Middle East? " Secretary Amelie Bradshaw, the head of the department of foreign affairs questioned upon recognizing the highlighted region, "Old news, " she remarked while looking at director Anastasia Thompson, "Who cares about the Arab-Jewish question? " she jokingly remarked which made some of the members of cabinet chuckled. 

"Technically speaking we don't care about how they kill each other since who cares about the Middle East given that oil is practically useless to us, " Director Anastasia Thompson stated but before she could continue Secretary Lee Raymond cleared his throat, "Of course, the Armed forces need natural gas for its flame throwers, " she stated, "The bottom line is that the synthetic resource industry has fully replaced the petroleum chemical industry. " 

"Well the only reason why we still haven't considered mass adoption of Plasma flame throwers is that we need a good enough power source that is stable even in the heat of battle, " the head of the Department of Defense remarked with a smirk in his face, "Plus Plasma Throwers are not exactly humane considering that our nearest threat would be the member states of the United Nations, " he stated before clearing his throat, "Once it became known that we have used Rail gun assault rifle the United Nations Commission on Human rights have made quite a noise. "